Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Empty Album Properties And Stats  (Read 4078 times)

Zvi

• Coppermine newbie
Empty Album Properties And Stats
« on: October 23, 2004, 05:28:47 am »

Hi All,

I've run into this issue today. I was creating new album, which was a subset of an existing larger album. Basically alll I didi is created an album with specific keyword what was used on several pix in another album. Because this smaller album didn't contain any pictures, but only linked ones select icon feature for this album was not available. And counters didn't work either. It displayed 0 pix and no link count.
I believe this isn't the right behavior. SInce CPG allows links, linked pic icons should be available to select them as album icon and counters shold be working properly either way.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2004, 10:06:55 am by GauGau »
Have Fun,
Gator
http://zvis.com

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Empty Album Properties And Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2004, 07:55:21 am »

???

What coppermine version are you refering to?

Joachim

Zvi

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004, 08:50:52 am »

Pardon, somehow I assumed feature requests was about 1.4.
I am using cpg 1.4. Donno how does this thing works in 1.3.
I've looked at the code and the reason empty album gets no stats is this select:
Code: [Select]
    //This query will fetch album stats and keyword for the albums
    $sql = "SELECT p.aid, count(p.pid) as pic_count, max(p.pid) as last_pid, max(p.ctime) as last_upload, a.keyword " .
            "FROM {$CONFIG['TABLE_PICTURES']} AS p, {$CONFIG['TABLE_ALBUMS']} AS a " .
            "WHERE p.aid IN $album_set AND
             p.aid = a.aid AND
            p.approved = 'YES' " . "GROUP BY p.aid";
Donno SQL that well to make that select pull stats for empty album as well, doesn't look possible.
Have Fun,
Gator

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2004, 10:06:36 am »

Actually you're looking for support on cpg1.4.0, which is still under development. There's absolutely no support for it, as clearly stated both in the documentation and on various postings on this board. The feature you're refering to is still under heavy development, you're not meant to use cpg1.4.0 if you can't live with this - it is not meant for production use.
"Feature requests" is exactly what it says: you can request features for new versions, but you can not request developers to fix bugs in development versions - we know those bugs exist, and we're working on them. Bug-fixing is not the same a a new feature.

Joachim

Zvi

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2004, 10:58:04 am »

I posted in feature requests because it was something that would be nice to see working in future versions, I was not requesting bug fix or support.  I do understand 1.4 has no support and I am on my own. Just sometimes it's not very clear whether something was designed that way or it's a bug.

Ok, my bad. Wrong forum, and which would be the right one? To post things like this?

P.S. I did fix this with some php code mods, resolves the issue, not too elegant, but works for now.
Have Fun,
Gator
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.