Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Creation of User Albums  (Read 3453 times)

yorkguy

• Coppermine newbie
Auto Creation of User Albums
« on: October 18, 2004, 02:17:48 pm »

I am not quite sure I have posted this in the correct location, & am sorry if it is in the wrong place. (newbie here)

I have had some feedback from my web site visitors, telling me they seem to be a little miffed trying to create there own user albums using the album manager, after registering & loging in, and have asked me if it is possible to have the cpg create the albums Automatically when they register.
Can anyone tell me if this is at all possible? or if there is another method I can employ to simplify the process for newly registered users?
or maybe something to consider for the future?.

I myself have no problems with creating albums on cpg and think it is a great gallery module I have recently updated to 1.3.1 version and like the improved features & additions.

Keep up the good work.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2004, 07:27:45 am by GauGau »
yorkguy

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Auto Creation of User Albums
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004, 11:20:34 pm »

out-of-the-box there's no method to have albums created for users when they register - although this is being considered as an option for future coppermine versions. My suggestion is to make at least one album in the public gallery where users are allowed to upload to - this way, they can still upload even if they don't manage to create an album of their own.
However I'm not sure what to make of your posting: what do you mean by the term "module"? Are you by chance using a nuked port of coppermine?

Joachim

yorkguy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 06:02:19 pm »

out-of-the-box there's no method to have albums created for users when they register - although this is being considered as an option for future coppermine versions. My suggestion is to make at least one album in the public gallery where users are allowed to upload to - this way, they can still upload even if they don't manage to create an album of their own.
However I'm not sure what to make of your posting: what do you mean by the term "module"? Are you by chance using a nuked port of coppermine?

Joachim

I appologise for my referal to "module" in my original post, I am using a stand alone version of coppermine & not a nuked port, I very much appreciate you help & quick response to my question.

Thank you.
yorkguy

oudie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2005, 07:15:08 am »

Joachim

What u suggested is exactly what I have been doing. But please allow me to add other options people can consider.
1. I have details instructions for users to create their own album. but some are so dense that they still don't get it.
So I create the public album for anyone to upload to so that they have at least one album thats available for upload.
Later I create a private album for them under the members personal galleries and move the images from the public album to their own.
And to do that, at first what I did was go into the database and maunally create a new entry.
But I learned that the modifyalb file has the power to do that on the front in, so it's pretty convienient when I am at a computer where I cannot access my database.
what I had to do was look for user_gal and just change the "category" field from type=hidden to class=textinput and then copy that line to the next set below and replace the options field.
it works great cause it only lets admins execute it. Hopefully you know what I mean.
I'm sure it will be easy for you all to implement it to the new release.

cause with that done, i am able to create a album anywhere using the albmmgr, then using the modifyalbm file, I can move that album anywhere, even other peopls private galleries...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.