Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Public Categories Permission  (Read 5480 times)

Invisible_Slack

• Coppermine newbie
Public Categories Permission
« on: October 16, 2004, 01:21:10 pm »

Coppermine Users,

Ok I would like to make public categories on the main page like Wallpapers, Lineage 2 Screen Shots, Clan Events and etc so people can Upload to publicly.  I understand they have there albums they can do but what about making a public album where users can upload or one album where one group can only upload to?  I'm the leader of a Lineage 2 Clan and would like to make a Clan Events where I or other Clan Members can upload pictures that we take ingame in there.  Or make a Category Wallpapers where anyone can put up there Wallpapers they like or us etc.  Any help would be usefull.

Invisible_Slack
« Last Edit: October 17, 2004, 12:22:33 pm by GauGau »

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Public Categories Permission
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2004, 07:08:35 pm »

You can make any album open to uploads from your users, by changing the album properties.

When you set 'visitors can upload' to yes, all members of any group you allow to upload will be able to do so to this album.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Invisible_Slack

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2004, 08:32:58 pm »

Casper thanks for the tip but I'm kinda new to this and I don't understand what I'm actaully suppose to be doing.. I made the Albums in Categories are not sure on how to setup the permissions and where to setup permissions.. Sorry I'm not stupid its just confusing and to me I don't understand how to do that in the Documents.  If you could maybe explain a little bit more as in where to go specific and what to change and how the albums should be set in there properties maybe?  I know its a lot but I would greatly appreciate it.  I have it right now where anyone can upload even guests and I don't want it to be that way

Invisible_Slack

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2004, 10:27:31 pm »

OK,

when in admin mode, you should see 3 buttons next to each album thumb, 'delete', 'properties' and 'edit files'.

Click on the properties button to change the settings for that album.  You will have 3 or 4 selections, depending if you allow private albums, where you can allow/disallow uploads, voting, comments and viewing.

You can also change the album name and category here.

These are also dependant on the group settings. 
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Invisible_Slack

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2004, 12:59:46 am »

In the Admin Mode and I click on Properties next to the Albums I select:

Visitors can upload files * No ( I want Registered Users only to be able to upload into Public Albums)

Then I go to Groups and I have these selections:

(Group Name) (Disk Quota) (Can Rate Files) (Can Send Ecards) Can Post Comments) (Can Upload Files) (Public Upload Approval

Name     | Quota | Rate | Ecards | Comments | Upload | Approval (1) | Personal Gallery | Priv. Upl. approval (2)
Admin          0       Yes     Yes        Yes            Yes           No                  Yes                     No
Members    5120    Yes     Yes        Yes            Yes           No                  Yes                     No
Guests         0        No      No          No            Yes           Yes                 No                      No

Thos are the setting but I had to change Can Upload Files to Yes under Guest to be able to upload a file as a Member.  What am I doing wrong here?  Any help is much appreciated thank you for your time and help.

Invisible_Slack

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2004, 01:30:26 am »

In the Admin Mode and I click on Properties next to the Albums I select:

Visitors can upload files * No ( I want Registered Users only to be able to upload into Public Albums)

This is your problem.  This must be set at YES.  This does not mean anyone can upload, only those in a group who you allow to upload in the group settings. 

You must then set the 'anonymous' (guest) group to 'upload = NO'.  Then only registered members will be able to upload to these albums.

Invisible_Slack

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2004, 11:45:36 am »

Thanks a lot I don't know what I changed to make it work but only Members can upload now and Guests can't :P  Still trying to learn this its not to hard but still something new to get used to.  Thanks again for your help its working correct now :D

Invisible_Slack

T3rry

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2004, 09:11:50 pm »

i am having the sameissue... but the problem is if i set anon users to NO UPLOADS and i set registered users to allow uploads it does not matter what i set in the individual album properties for allowing visitors to upload, it automatically allows all registered users to upload to all albums.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2004, 07:41:29 am »

in album properties, the term "visitor" means "anybody you allowed to upload in group settings". If you set "Can upload files" to "Yes" in groups settings for a particular group, members of this group will be able to upload to no public album at all in the first place - you have to enable them to upload to a particular album by modifying the individual album's properties and set "Visitors can upload files" to "yes" to allow any group that is allowed to upload to public galleries (generally speaking) to upload files to this particular album. There's no more granular permission management available.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.