Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Group Permission :)  (Read 3137 times)

yeinbu

• Coppermine newbie
Group Permission :)
« on: August 21, 2004, 12:00:28 pm »

(Not very original for a title)

Hi, i'm a french guy
( scuse my english )

i've few questions & interrogation about
the beautiful gallery coppermine :)
i like it, specially the system of bridge
with phpbb :)
but i've a problem, i'd searched but
i didn't find any solution.
i'll explain,
is it possible set the access permission
to severable group, because on my forum
i like 3groups had the right to access to the gallery
but not all.

how can i do?
(thx for the response)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Group Permission :)
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2004, 12:37:54 pm »

In coppermine you can currently set the permissions of an album to one specific group only. The workaround is to have more groups in your bbs (afaik phpbb allows users to members in several groups). Members of group A and members of group B, which are both to access the coppermine album "foobar" should be members of group C (which currently doesn't exist yet). Create group C in phpbb, make your members of the groups A and B members of group C as well. Then go to coppermine groups manager to start the synchronisation of phpbb groups with coppermine. Next, go to the album "foobar" and edit permissions, so only members of group C can access it.

GauGau

dakk

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Group Permission :)
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 08:29:09 am »

Ok this sorta answered part of my questions - but for the life of me, I cannot find where we set the permission levels on the albums. I have a monthly photo challenge that I am going to be doing and I want all registered user groups (NOT Guests or Banned) to be able to upload to this one catagory into albums for each month.  

And here is an add on question. My groups have different levels of disk quota ie A has 2meg, B has 5meg, and C has 10. If I create an additonal group (D) as sugested above - how should I set the disk quota in the new group so as not to mess up the quotas I have set for each group? (I mean to say would the quota level in the new group over ride their existing quotas?)

Thanks
Dakk
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.