Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Admin vs Moderator Permissions?  (Read 7693 times)

misteraven

• Coppermine newbie
Admin vs Moderator Permissions?
« on: October 15, 2004, 03:22:51 pm »

I just integrated CPG 1.3 with my IPB2 forum and believe I have it all set up successfully, minus a couple issues... Most importantly, people set up as Mods on my board are not able to moderate on my CPG, only those set up as Admins. This is a pretty big deal since I kind f depend on them for this sort of help and though I dont mind allowing Admin access on my CPG (though I prefer they moderate only), I cant give them Admin access on my board. Anyone know how I can fix this? I tried changing the has_admin_access column to 1 in the cpg132_usergroups table of mysql with no success. I'd certainly like to resolve this before making my CPG public.

Next, and not as big a deal... The permissions for guests doesn't work as expected. Though most setting appear to function (Guests cant add comments or images), they also cant send ecards which I did enable. Anyhow, if it's a quick fix, please let me know. Otherwise, not too big a deal.

My last bit of (hopefully) constructive criticism is... I believe CPG is about as perfect as you can get in virtually every way. (I own a license to Photopost, and used to own a license to ImageFolio - neither which are being used anymore). The one thing I'd love to see refined is how comments appear and function. Considering you guys went through all the trouble to integrate CPG into working with various forum scripts, it seems like it would make sense to take the next step and allow comments to appear as posts would in the corresponding forums. Basically the formatting including the User name with all the corresponding post, location, rank, etc info, as well as having the comment row and new reply function/appear the same way. Anyhow, dont mean to gripe cause you've guys have done an excellent job, but if there was anything I'd like to see changed, it would be that.

Well, any help with my Moderator issue would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Nibbler

Re: Admin vs Moderator Permissions?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 04:29:58 pm »

There is no such thing as moderators in coppermine - you are admin or nothing, There is a change posted in the board before you can make in the bridge file to allow another group to be cpg admin.

misteraven

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 05:51:15 pm »

I'm sorry, I dont understand your post. Can you elaborate please?

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2004, 02:18:11 am »

Coppermine doesn't have moderators.  Only admins are allowed to make changes to Coppermine.  I believe there's a mod to allow another group to have admin rights, posted by GauGau I think.  You'll have to search thru his postings to find it (click on his name to bring up his profile, then click show posts).  Bear in mind that anyone with admin rights can do anything to your Coppermine installation.

The bridge files that allow integration with the various bbs's just give Coppermine the ability to use the bbs members instead of its own.  We haven't written anything else to further integrate with the forums.  We definitely won't be doing anything like attempting to merge picture comments into a forum's database.  Maybe someone will come up with such a mod for a particular forum, but it's not something the dev team will be undertaking.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2004, 08:13:00 am »

Kegobeer is right in every aspect except the author of the mod: it wasn't me who posted it ;)

Joachim

jaydj

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2004, 05:44:17 pm »

I'm interested in editing/deleting user comments. Basically it's the moderating part I'm interested in... not in the sense of having another user given rights as moderator but just a way to be able to edit/monitor/delete comments.  My setup is configured to allow anybody to post.  The auto censorship is okey but people nowadays are just too creative on the net and can easily bypass auto censorship.  So I would want to know if there is a hack/mod out there that will bring up a comment admin page where you could just read/edit/delete comments from all pics from there.

Thanks !

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2004, 07:15:12 pm »

In admin mode, there is a link for Review Comments. On that page, you can view and delete. If you want to edit, you click on the thumbnail where the comment is posted. And click on the edit button.

jaydj

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2004, 08:16:57 am »

ok.  is there a mod or way that i can view the latest comments all in one page and edit/delete them from there ?
I'm foreseeing something like 30 comments a day and perhaps may need to delete a couple.  It may be tiresome and take more steps to go to each image to actually modify/delete comments especially if you have lots of images.

Thanks!

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2004, 10:47:20 am »

This is what the page Tranz told you about does.  You can delete them all or the selected ones in one go.  Editing them you have to click on the thumb, which opens a new window with the pic and comment, which you can edit.  Close the window when done, you are still in the comments review comments page, ready to do the next one.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

jaydj

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2004, 12:18:57 pm »

ok. got it. thanks!
found the page.  kinda limited though that you can only view 25, 50,75 and 100 comments.  I wish there were some previous/next buttons.

::)

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2004, 02:40:12 pm »

I wish there were some previous/next buttons.

::)

Next to where you choose how many to show, there's a link, which says 'see next'.  On the 2nd page is 'see next' and 'see previous'.
I accept this would be better at the bottom, but it is there.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.