Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can it be done?  (Read 3034 times)

Delta772ER

• Coppermine newbie
    • charliej.net | Photo Gallery
Can it be done?
« on: October 14, 2004, 08:06:45 am »

I know a lot of these questions have been answered. But I more or less just need to hear a yes/no answer to them all before I go start doing all this work to find out it's not what I need.

First let me start out in that Coopermine is an AWESOME Photo Gallery, I love it for my personal photo gallery!

But I have a very close friend who is looking at using Coopermine for his businesses web site. He is looking at using it so that he can upload before and after pictures of jobs he is working on so the client can see them right away after the job is done.

I think that Coopermine is capable of doing this, but I would like to know for sure before I press on.

This is what we need in particular:

1. Only clients can see images in the gallery, and only their images pursuant to their job/task.
2. Be able to search the image descriptions so clients can view previous jobs/tasks.
3. In my friends words, it needs to look "Ultra-Professional". How difficult is it to create a template that you could make have the same feel as the rest of his site?

Thank you so much for all of your help!  ;D

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Can it be done?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 08:30:52 am »

what your friend is after is rather a helpdesk software (there are a lot of them available for free as open source apps or for smaller budgets) than a gallery. What you request can be accomplished with coppermine, but requires the creation of a new group for each customer, and setting permissions for each album the customer's pics are in to the particular customer's group.
So basically the answer is: yes, this can be done - but with some administration effort. I recommend looking into those helpdesk softwares.
The next version of coppermine even has password protected albums, which could be a solution for you, but there are very powerfull additional features in modern helpdesk softwares you might find usefull.

Joachim

Delta772ER

• Coppermine newbie
    • charliej.net | Photo Gallery
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 08:00:12 pm »

What do you mean by "Helpdesk Software"?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2004, 06:55:25 am »

google is your friend ;D

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 18 queries.