Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cvs download of 101304at1045pm eastern usa time... how to activate smf bridge  (Read 4382 times)

alibak

• Coppermine newbie

[edit GauGau]
Originally posted as reply to coppermine.sourceforge.net  |  Dev Board  |  CPG 1.3 Testing/Bugs | [Invalid]: SMF Bridge problems
[edit]

Hi, I have used the older version of coppermine (1.32) with smf (RC2 new one) using the bridge ... it was not working out that well in terms of login issues...

I am used to using cvs versions for trials and such and usually enjoy helping out, pointing stuff that I find...

But if you could please answer this basic question so  I can get going a bit.... 

has the init.inc.php changed since the 1.32 stable version?  since I can't find the DUB for smf! in the last one I had to uncomment it in order for it to work...

So  now what?

I'm using php 5.02, IIS6.0, Mambo 4.51a stable, SMF RC2...  I've installed the cvs version gallery fine.. placed the database within the same area as mambo and the smf... and smf is ported to my mambo.... now I'm trying to make bridge / api (which is better or smoother functioning?) for both mambo, smf with the coppermine.

Please give me couple pointers as to how to activate this..

And yes, I have placed correct smf path inside the smf.inc.php and correct database info insice the mambo  one...

now what? do I want bridge or api or both activated ? and how?  I know this much.. I don't want session errors that was getting with the 1.32 ...

:)

I'm online now and am awaiting anyone's response if they're willing to contact me...

Thanks..

Ali
Email: dralibak@yahoo.com

http://www2.artsociety.us:7010/gallery  (cvs version of tonight)
http://www2.arstsociety.us:7010/artgallery (coppermine 1.32 ported to mambo)
http://www2.artsociety.us:7010/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=94  (SMF RC 2 ported in mambo but login is still not bridged)...

I would appreciate a response.

Thank you.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2004, 07:56:30 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: [Invalid]: SMF Bridge problems
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 06:35:27 am »

the devel version of coppermine goes completely, utterly unsupported.
Replying to a thread marked as "invalid" won't improve things...
PMing me 3 minutes after posting your question will make this even worse >:(.

Joachim
« Last Edit: October 14, 2004, 06:44:08 am by GauGau »

alibak

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 06:51:32 am »

Hi, this was my first post in this forum.  Sorry for the inconvinience..  I noticed that you were the only one online.  I asked you politely if you would take a question and did mention that i have just written a post.  You chose not to answer. So that's fine!

I'm usually a tester for various opensource programs.  This is the first time I've gotten a response like this that someone literally said NO answer.

I was just looking / asking/ wondering about how one could activate the new version's smf api or bridge and etc!

If this dev. version is ONLY for coppermine developers and NOONE else... then why make it available! But if it's meant to be for error reporting and bug reports and welcoming people to join in an effort to better the program, then why the attitude!

I am merely asking to what instructions / posts / notes available somewhere in this forum or by developers as to how to activate the new version's smf connection!

Very politely asked! Your reply could as well be polite.

Thank you very much.

Ali

I STILL am asking for some little/small help here! it would be appreciated ... thanks!

alibak

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2004, 07:11:55 am »

Also, this IS a question that could also pertain to the stable cvs download..

anyone with some answers ... I'd appreciate it.

thanks ... help me reveal this secret of how to activate!!!

Ali

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2004, 07:52:06 am »

I noticed that you were the only one online. I asked you politely if you would take a question and did mention that i have just written a post. You chose not to answer. So that's fine!
It says "Personal message", not "live chat" - it's up to me if and when I'm going to read my personal messages inbox, don't you think? The fact I'm being displayed as "online" doesn't mean I actually am viewing a page where I could see the "new personal message" notification. What makes you so special to think you deserve an answer to a question you posted three minutes ago? I read every post on this forum (and there are lots of them), it just takes some time (it was 5:48 AM for me when you posted, just as a side note).

I am merely asking to what instructions / posts / notes available somewhere in this forum or by developers as to how to activate the new version's smf connection!
There's a docs folder in the package that covers most issues (but not all new features yet). The bridging feature is currently under heavy constrcution in the devel version, there's no readme that covers this yet (has to be written once all code changes are applied). You could start using the bridge manager (that will be a new feature in cpg1.4) by going to http://yoursite.tld/your_coppermine_devel_install/bridgemgr.php and run the wizard there. My signature says not to contact me for support, and in your PM you wrote that you have noticed my signature saying I don't wish to be contacted, yet you still did - 3 minutes after posting your request. I already told you in my reply to your PM that I don't want to start an argument with you, yet you still insist and reply to this thread, complaining. I won't let you troll or flame this thread/board, that's why I will split and lock it.

If this dev. version is ONLY for coppermine developers and NOONE else... then why make it available! But if it's meant to be for error reporting and bug reports and welcoming people to join in an effort to better the program, then why the attitude!
You have to understand that "no support" is just what it says: the devel version goes unsupported (meaning: we won't answer questions about it), it is meant for experienced coppermine users who know their way around and will notice the differences between the stable and devel version, and who will find out on their own where to look to make new features work. As you say, you're a coppermine newbie and simply shouldn't use the devel.

Also, this IS a question that could also pertain to the stable cvs download..
Read the documentation, search the boards. If both steps fail, you should post. Posting in the bugs section as a reply to an invalid thread is just silly and won't get your question solved.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.