Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Digikam import  (Read 3664 times)

jslaughter

• Coppermine newbie
Digikam import
« on: October 12, 2004, 05:00:35 pm »

I currently organize my photos with the great KDE-based photo program Digikam. What I would like to see in Coppermine is a way to automatically bring in the comments and metadata from Digikam and pre-populate the album data. It would probably work like this:

You would FTP a digikam folder to the server. Then, use the "Batch Upload" command to select the folder that was just uploaded. "Batch Upload" would do its thing, but also read the "digikam.xml" file in that directory, and use the information stored in it to pre-populate all information about the album. So the real trick is writing a digikam.xml->coppermine database import function.

I may be able to write this myself: where would I start in hacking Coppermine for this purpose? Is there a plugin functionality that is advanced enough to do this, or will I have to hack the "Batch Upload" code?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Digikam import
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 12:36:34 am »

in the current devel code of coppermine there's a plugin api under development (although there's no documentation yet) - I recommend checking out the devel version using the cvs.

Joachim

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • http://tariquesani.net
Re: Digikam import
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 06:40:01 am »

The best approach will be to write a plugin for batch import - Even  would like to see this functionality in a plugin
SANIsoft PHP applications for E Biz
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.