Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ReadOnly access to the albums from registered group?  (Read 3385 times)

Zvi

• Coppermine newbie
ReadOnly access to the albums from registered group?
« on: October 12, 2004, 09:10:03 am »

hi All,

I'm using cpg 1.3 to share pix between my friends. None of the albums are for public viewing. In short they all belong to registered group.
So, there are 2 categories of ppl, 1 registered users, 2 unregistered folks. Part one is that is that I want registered ppl to be able to create/delete their albums, that works fine, no problems.
Part II is that I need unregistered folks somehow to access those albums but not be able to modify them, i.e. access registered albums in read only mode. I've tried anonymous group, but not working. If album is registered to another group(registered in this case) then anonymous can't see those.albums and if I add cat. 2 ppl to registered group then they can modify albums and I dont' want that.

Is there a way of doing this? I'm ok with code mods if it's not 50 -100K of new code.
Have Fun,
Gator
http://zvis.com

radianation

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Radianation
Re: ReadOnly access to the albums from registered group?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 06:06:02 pm »

Create a new user group called something other than registered. Assign the people you want to be able to modify the albums to that group. Set the unregistered and registered to have access, but disallow them the ability to upload via the user group configuration screen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.