Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remove Paypal basket...  (Read 3025 times)

awelham

• Coppermine newbie
Remove Paypal basket...
« on: October 12, 2004, 02:08:16 am »

Ok, i have been trawling the forum for a good while... and a search hasnt brought up anything on how to remove the feature from a theme.

I have installed the Mac_OS_X Theme. As it was it was fine, and the i modded it a bit, to make it fit in more with my whole site (still in progress...) However, when i uploaded my changed theme.CSS file all of a sudden i had these buttons popping up and extra boxes appearing here there and everywhere. Mainly on the index and medium size picture pages. I have managed to eliminate the button and text from my index by going through the template.PHP and commenting out the code... but that took me about 15 min, and i dont know enough about it to do that for the whole site. Is there any way to remove it as a function or feature? Rather then try and find any and all little snippets of code related to it?

This is my gallery: www.flatsphere.com/gallery

any help would be appreciated.

Cheers all!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Remove Paypal basket...
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 07:31:40 am »

the paypal stuff doesn't come with the standard package of coppermine, but is available as separate hack. Obvioulsy you downloaded the paypal package and overwrote the standard themes with them. To get rid of the buttons, use the original files that came with coppermine.

Joachim

awelham

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 12:05:27 am »

can you help by telling me which files i should be reverting to the original? Do i have to re-install the whole coppermine package? Just the theme package? I would like to keep the theme i have moded, but what do i need to replace...

thanks!

EDIT: can you tell me if the mac_os_x has been moved from the download section? I can only find it under the 1.1 build, are they backwards compatable?

(i havent downloaded any mod's or anything, could it have been already bound to the file? Downloaded with the theme files?)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2004, 12:24:52 am by awelham »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2004, 05:07:36 am »

if you haven't modified any files (no mods applied), you should re-download the cpg1.3.2 package, unzip it somewhere on your hard drive and overwrite the themes folder and the coppermine root folder with files from the clean package. In fact, it won't hurt if you overwrite every single file, as long as you don't delete files that only exist on your server only (there are some that are created during install and while you run coppermine, but they don't exist in the coppermine package from the start). Overwriting will not hurt, only deleting will. If you're paranoid, create a backup first.
You mustn't use themes or anything else from previous versions, they will not work with the current version. I'm not sure why you downloaded the paypal hack in the first place... ::) For the future, you should keep in mind that mdifying anything will raise the probability to get you in trouble, so you should only try downloading and/or applying any mods if you actually need them. You should make backups frequently, especially before applying any mods or hacks. You're lucky that the paypal hack is easy to remove - there are other hacks that don't get removed that easily.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.