Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Before I install Coppermine a few questions  (Read 3720 times)

jenkman

• Coppermine newbie
Before I install Coppermine a few questions
« on: October 11, 2004, 09:26:38 pm »

I will be installing Coppermine via Fantastico on my hosted site. In the documentation is it assumed that you have an existing MySql DB already set up or does the Coppermine application do this for you?.

(As stated in the FAQ section:"What are the steps to get Coppermine running?

as stated in the readme:

1. Download Coppermine
   2. Unzip it to your harddrive
   3. Upload the stuff to your server
   4. chmod the folders "include" and "albums" for the script (the webserver, that is) to have read/write access
   5. point your browser to http://www.yoursite.com/coppermine/install.php and follow the directions of the install file (basically the mySQL-tables will be created there and the config table will be filled with default values)
   6. after successfull installation, delete install.php from your webserver
   7. point your browser to http://www.yoursite.com/coppermine/ , log in as admin, admin mode and do the config job (customizing your coppermine)
   8. Play around, toy a little, test if everything works
   9. Publish your site by linking it (e.g. from your homepage)
")

Also, can I use my existing style sheet to have the gallery match the rest of my site?

Thanks in advance for the advise. :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Before I install Coppermine a few questions
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2004, 10:20:25 pm »

1) don't use the fantastico build - it differs from the original that is available here and is known to cause errors.
2) Coppermine doesn't create a database for you, you have to do this. Coppermine will however create the necessary tables though.
3) You can't use an existing stylesheet, as coppermine uses css class names of it's own that probably aren't defined in your stylesheet, but you can edit the stylesheets (and more) to make coppermine match the look of your overall website.

Joachim

P.S. We have a "one question per thread" policy on this board...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.