Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An error when upgrading  (Read 8387 times)

animgirl

• Coppermine newbie
An error when upgrading
« on: October 28, 2003, 09:58:47 pm »

Hello,

I've spent the last 2 hours trying to figure out how to get my upgrade from 1.1 to work with 1.2. I've followed all the directions and gone over and over them.
  I am left with an error that is dumbfounding and making me really not so happy.

"Notice: Undefined index: debug_mode in /home/animgirl/public_html/gallery/include/functions.inc.php on line 96
Fatal error :
There was an error while processing a database query"

I get this after I'm told my upgrade went good and I'm ready to go.

I don't get it.
Any help is really really appreciated,
animgirl

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
An error when upgrading
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2003, 11:51:48 pm »

hm...
use a tool like phpMyAdmin to connect directly to the database, edit the table cpg11d_config and look for debug_mode and set it to "0".
You don't happen to run the phpnuke port, do you? In case you do: cpg1.2.0 is only available as standalone, there's no phpnuke port (yet).
If not: try commenting out the if statement in the functions.inc.php file and see what happens next.

GauGau

animgirl

• Coppermine newbie
An error when upgrading
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2003, 03:56:37 am »

I'm new in php and sql, but have been in phpMyAdmin before and looked around.
I'm not sure where to go to edit that table. I see where to edit the fields that are in the table, but not the table as a whole.
Could you explain to me?

I'm not exactly sure what phpnuke is yet, so I must not be using it  8)

That you more than you'll ever know,
-animgirl

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
An error when upgrading
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2003, 09:34:29 am »

OK, first place to look for help on phpMyAdmin is the phpMyAdmin manual that is available online ("inside" your install): http://yourdomain.com/phpMyAdmin/Documentation.html
Depending slightly on the version of phpMyAdmin you run, this is what you do:
  • click on your database name in the left frame: you'll see a list of all tables that exist in your database
  • click on "browse" next to the label "cpg11d_config": you'll see a list of entries into the table
  • look for "debug_mode" in the "name" column and click "edit" next to it: this will take you to a screen where you can actually change the values
  • in the "value" row, click into the text field and replace "1" by "0" (without the quotes) to disable debug_mode
  • hit "Go"
  • Browse your coppermine install and see if things work better now[/list:u]
    GauGau

animgirl

• Coppermine newbie
An error when upgrading
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2003, 03:37:02 pm »

Hmm.. this is weird. I really can't find "cpg11d_config" anywhere.

(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fbeta.impeldesigns.com%2Fmy_database.gif&hash=2161bda8bd390ac6d2572400fa028a19495ed7ce)

Am I just being daft?
-animgirl

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
An error when upgrading
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2003, 07:56:07 am »

your screenshot is from the cpg11d_banned table. In the navigation frame on the left of phpMyAdmin, look for the config table (it might have another prefix than "cpg11d" as you were free to choose one on install). If Coppermine is running on your site there must be a config table.

GauGau

animgirl

• Coppermine newbie
An error when upgrading
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2003, 06:43:35 pm »

I can't find a config table anywhere.
I didn't go through the regular installation, I upgraded from 1.1.
Does that make a difference?

-animgirl

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
An error when upgrading
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2003, 07:05:01 pm »

no!

This discussion is leading nowhere - pm me your login data for phpMyAdmin (full details) and provide a link to this thread in your pm as well - I'll have a look into it.

GauGau

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
An error when upgrading
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2003, 04:36:51 am »

you get
Fatal error :
There was an error while processing a database query
because your database isn't filled with tables: you only have the one table "banned" which doesn't help you at all. Has your gallery ever been up and running? If yes, I hope you have a backup (mySQL-dump). Else, you'll have to install from scratch. I would have installed it for you, given enough information, but you didn't send me the ftp login data, and the proper files just aren't there.
The backend of your homepage is a nice example for a webhost wanting to grant minimum control and giving a web-interface to the customers you actually can't work with.
I'd go for some "real" webhosting; if you don't want to do this and you want to run coppermine, there's no other option than a fresh install.

Sorry...

GauGau

effacer

• Coppermine newbie
An error when upgrading
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2003, 09:16:32 am »

i get the same error as animgirl when i'm upgrading from 1.0.x to 1.1.1 with bbs integration. my coppermine is well up and running.. it's http://depiction.gomed.org

please give me instruction on what to do.

PHP 4.3.1
mysql Ver 11.18 Distrib 3.23.53

thanks

animgirl

• Coppermine newbie
An error when upgrading
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2003, 08:39:08 pm »

My gallery has been up and running before.
I am always so leary of upgrading something that already works.

oh well, thanks for the info.
-animgirl

animgirl

• Coppermine newbie
An error when upgrading
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2003, 02:19:49 am »

Okay, so i totally uplaoded the new version and replaced the "album" contents of the photo gallery I had up and running with the older version, on the newer version. Apparently, something works differently for the new gallery because it's not seeing the pics.

Any tips?
Thanks so much,
-animgirl

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
An error when upgrading
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2003, 11:35:47 am »

@effacer: I can't see what should be wrong with your install (maybe except you "over-modified" your theme...

@animgirl: this is getting a little hard for me to track. Please edit your profile and insert your webpage url permanently - maybe other devs will have a look at it as well.

GauGau

effacer

• Coppermine newbie
An error when upgrading
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2003, 08:06:37 pm »

gaugau: well...please do try http://depiction.gomed.org/v2/upgrade.php to check what could be wrong, thank you very much. if i do get permission from you to PM you regarding my hosting, do tell me, and i'll pm you with the details.

ps. i did comment the function..and if you open it, the error msg will appear:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: db_error() in /home/reza/subdomains/depiction/v2/include/functions.inc.php on line 82

the sad thing is, i can't find the debug_error in the database :( so i try to comment like the instruction you gave in the above posting...

Titooy

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • under construction...
An error when upgrading
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2003, 08:24:03 pm »

Your coppermine isn't installed yet... so coppermine cannot connect the database...
http://depiction.gomed.org/v2/install.php or if you want to use the same settings as your older coppermine, copy the config.inc.php into the include directory

effacer

• Coppermine newbie
An error when upgrading
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2003, 02:01:14 am »

do i have to install all over again ? i'm upgrading from 1.0 and i'm supposed to put the upgrade.php file in the new directory rite ?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
An error when upgrading
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2003, 08:49:34 am »

before experimenting with a fresh install you should backup your database (with phpMyAdmin) so you could always go back.
If you want me to look over it, go ahead and pm me your details. Please include into the pm:
  • a link to this thread (for reference)
  • mySQL info
  • ftp info
  • link to cpg1.0 install
  • link to 1.2 install
  • link to your phpMyAdmin (including access data) if you have it[/list:u]
    GauGau

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
An error when upgrading
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2003, 09:25:17 pm »

you're ready to roll with http://depiction.gomed.org/v2/
After working a while with the login data you gave me and wondering why the cpg1.2.0 didn't work I finally managed to set up you gallery properly; I can also report why things didn't work:
you didn't upload everything that comes with the coppermine package (or deleted it after upload), and you changed some filenames. You also didn't CHMOD correctly.
This is of course a very silly idea: do not change anything from the package unless you have got it running, then modify in small steps untill you're finally there.
I also don't understand why you duplicated your userpics folder - seems an enourmous waste of bandwidth in my eyes.
I also can't understand why you created the cpg1.2.0 folder as subfolder to your existing 1.0 install - that's not the way it is recommended in the upgrade instructions: you should have created the cpg1.2.0 folder on the same level instead - you would have been able to just rename the folders and you would have been done.
You could have saved yourself (and me) a lot of troubles if you just followed the instructions step by step.

Here's what's left to do:
  • as you're using a custom theme, you'll have to adjust it to the cpg1.2.0 install - there have been slight changes in the theme/template system, so themes aren't backward compatible.
  • If you're fully set up, download everything (and I mean everything!) from http://depiction.gomed.org/v2/ to your hard drive and from there upload it again to http://depiction.gomed.org/ (overwriting all files). Remember to do a final backup before you do this.
  • [/list:u]GauGau

effacer

• Coppermine newbie
An error when upgrading
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2003, 08:49:38 am »

wow...thank you so much for your help.. i will do what you suggest today.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.