Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PHP running on your server does not support reading EXIF dat  (Read 3968 times)

SurfDude

• Coppermine novice
    • http://surfdude.student.utwent.nl
PHP running on your server does not support reading EXIF dat
« on: October 28, 2003, 01:34:28 am »

I've tried to turn on the "read EXIF data"-function, but when I try to watch a picture now, I get the error

PHP running on your server does not support reading EXIF data in JPEG files, please turn this off on the config page

So it seems I don't have EXIF-support in php on my server.

Where can I find whether I have it or not? And will it be easy to make my server having that option on?

My phpinfo can you find here: http://surfdude.student.utwente.nl/phpinfo.php
Frans AKA SurfDude || My Gallery

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2003, 02:55:27 am »

Without seeing the Configure Command section of php, I can't tell what options php is configured with, but if you get the error it's not enabled.

This isn't a server "how to" board, but I know there are a few Devs that might be able to help you configure php correctly.  I believe you'll have to recompile php with exif support, but I don't know the procedures for a windoze box.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2003, 08:32:00 am »

I wouldn't go through that. The current dev version of Coppermine has EXIF support even if you haven't EXIF support by PHP. Wait untill the next version comes out - if you can't wait (and feel comfortable with betas) you can get the dev version using web cvs access through the project page on sf.net.

GauGau

SurfDude

• Coppermine novice
    • http://surfdude.student.utwent.nl
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2003, 10:20:52 pm »

Quote from: "gaugau"
I wouldn't go through that. The current dev version of Coppermine has EXIF support even if you haven't EXIF support by PHP. Wait untill the next version comes out - if you can't wait (and feel comfortable with betas) you can get the dev version using web cvs access through the project page on sf.net.

GauGau

Ok, I think I'll wait then. But I'm still very inpatient, so can you tell me when the new version will be available? :)
Frans AKA SurfDude || My Gallery
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.