Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: testing for password-protected albums  (Read 5439 times)

wongchunlam

• Coppermine newbie
testing for password-protected albums
« on: October 09, 2004, 12:22:44 pm »

Hi,

I have download the lastest devel version (cpg1.4) for testing, I just want to share my testing report.

1. After guess enter a password in "Enter Album Password" windows, it will show "No image to display",BUT when the guess click "refesh" in IE, it can show the protected pics correctly.

2. I found that now if use password protected album, by default the protected album is hidden for public, can it change to the thumbnail show for public, after guess click the thumbnail, then it will prompt the "Enter Album Password" windows?
This is because I think some users don't know how to tell the friends his protected album's position. ::)

Sorry for my bad english :\'(, I have try my best to write this topic.

Regards,
vincent
« Last Edit: October 09, 2004, 03:03:37 pm by GauGau »

wongchunlam

• Coppermine newbie
Re: testing for password-protected albums
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2004, 12:30:58 pm »

Oh!
sorry, maybe I cross post, I forget have a Dev Board, pls move my post to dev board.....sorry.

Vincnet
Hi,

I have download the lastest devel version (cpg1.4) for testing, I just want to share my testing report.

1. After guess enter a password in "Enter Album Password" windows, it will show "No image to display",BUT when the guess click "refesh" in IE, it can show the protected pics correctly.

2. I found that now if use password protected album, by default the protected album is hidden for public, can it change to the thumbnail show for public, after guess click the thumbnail, then it will prompt the "Enter Album Password" windows?
This is because I think some users don't know how to tell the friends his protected album's position. ::)

Sorry for my bad english :\'(, I have try my best to write this topic.

Regards,
vincent

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: testing for password-protected albums
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2004, 03:04:58 pm »

I take your posting for what it is meant to be: a testing report to help us fix problems and/or bugs in the devel version, and I appreciate your concern. You have to understand though that cpg1.4 goes unsupported yet, and the feature in question is still under development. However, the thumbnail not being shown can be addressed by setting the proper option in coppermine config. Browser caching issues can not be discussed here either...

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.