Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adult / Child Albums  (Read 4926 times)

Sir-Pac

• Coppermine newbie
Adult / Child Albums
« on: October 08, 2004, 06:47:26 pm »

Whats eveyones opinions on the best way to keep Adult based albums away from little ones eyes (children).  I have successfully installed Coppermine, and everything is running great.  I won't go public with it though.  I have a few adult only albums (nothing hardcore, just not for the kiddies).

I can obviously restrict viewing to groups, but the images within the adult album still show up on the front page under the headings of 'Random files' and 'Last Additions'.  I want to keep these two fetures on the front page, but don't want images from the Adult Albums to be displayed for all groups to see.

I hope that made sense...can I have everyones input.

Paul

p.s  I could use another gallery script for the kiddies, but would prefer to see if it's possible to use Coppermine for both Adult Albums and Kiddy Albums without the two being viewable to the kids.

Nibbler

Re: Adult / Child Albums
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 06:50:26 pm »

They only show up on random section for people who are allowed to see them.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 06:53:41 pm »

Have you tried to view the album while logged out of your admin or registered adult account? It should confirm Nibbler's statement.

Sir-Pac

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2004, 06:56:18 pm »

Thanks Nibbler thats put my mind at rest...I wouldn't want to upset anyone viewing my site....And for some reason I couldn't log-out as admin to check what Coppermine would look like if I viewed it as a guest/registered users etc.

Thanks Again

Paul

www.brummiepride.com
www.heartofbrum.co.uk

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2004, 06:33:12 am »

http://www.brummiepride.com/imagegallery/index.php?cat=5 is not restricted to registered users, it's visible for guests. Review this album's properties.

Joachim

P.S. When looking for support, post on the proper support board in the future instead of "general discussion". Moved this thread accordingly
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.