Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: url link to specific album  (Read 10552 times)

mangotangoe

• Coppermine newbie
url link to specific album
« on: October 28, 2003, 07:38:06 am »

how can i provide a specific url to one of my albums. I want to share this public album to friends.
searched to no avail...
Thanks. Fantastic prog.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2003, 08:38:33 am »

share a link? Like, posting the url you can see in the address bar of your browser? This copy-and-paste thingy? Here you go: http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/demo/thumbnails.php?album=2  :wink:
If that's not what you meant then please be more specific in your posting (basically I don't understand your question).

GauGau

mangotangoe

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2003, 06:42:11 pm »

well, yes that was helpfull....
what i've done is remove some of the navigational components with the theme i am using.
what i realy want is to be able to give a specific url to a "friend/family" that will direct them into a specific album. i would like to share this album for their viewing, but then again restrict them from viewing my other albums.
ie. set up an album of a golf tournament pics. and send everyone the link to view it.... but i don't want to allow them to see another personal albums. All this without having them register.
By removing some of the navigation, i've only made it a "little" bit less obvious that there are other albums.
Any help appreciated. Thanks....

mb67

• Coppermine newbie
Re: url link to specific album
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 11:17:13 pm »

Hi,

I'm not that bothered about trying to lock out or dissuade other users from looking at other albums but I would like to be able to set up hyperlinks from my web site directly into a specific album. When I navigate around the front end of Coppermine the URL does not change. Consquently when I set a URL up it links to the 'home' page of the coppermine installation.

See here: http://www.ecclestonstmaryschurch.org/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=78  I would like to link directly to the Puppet Show...

Regards,

Phil

Nibbler

Re: url link to specific album
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 01:02:23 am »

You can't do that with an iframe. Hence the the expression 'iframes suck'. We don't support the joomla wrapper anyway.

Don't post to ancient threads, locking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.