Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Random picture as sample for album  (Read 4238 times)

sergiovc

• Coppermine novice
Random picture as sample for album
« on: October 06, 2004, 11:26:21 pm »

We all know that each category and each album can use a picture as sample. This picture could be the lastest uploaded or any one that we choose but, is there any way to show a random picture as sample for each album?
So each time the visitor comes to our photo gallery he/she will see a different (or random) picture as sample for each album?

This could be very nice feature  ;)

TIA

???

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Random picture as sample for album
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 06:14:09 am »

The thumbnail representing a category or album can currently only be a specific one, or or one that has been last uploaded. There have been requests in the past to allow a random thumbnail instead of a fixed one, but afaik this feature hasn't been coded yet. Moving your request from cpg1.3 standalone support to "feature requests".

Joachim

Southernbird

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 01:49:38 am »

This would be a great addition, and one that should be looked into for the next release if possible. I am able to make the categories randomize upon refresh but the thumbs just won't cooperate. I have been digging backwards through the variables and includes so if you could give me a quick overview of how and what files you used to define the sort options I will be glad to attempt to code the random protion.

JenRed

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 03:50:12 am »

hi Southernbird

I would like to randomise the categories so that they are in a different order each time someone visits.  It seems you have done this.  can you please point me to an URL with the info if there is one on the board or post details here.

thanks

Jen

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 03:56:14 am »

Um, not sure what you mean by randomizing the categories. If you mean to show different categories every time, I think that will be confusing. Imagine going to the store and each visit, the departments are in different places.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.