Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: more user defined fields  (Read 3955 times)

revjoe

• Coppermine newbie
more user defined fields
« on: October 06, 2004, 06:19:00 pm »

I have found a couple of mods that allow I can make to allow more then the default 4 user defined fields.  The question I have is will this ever become a admin setting that doesn't require remodding with every release?

Joe

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: more user defined fields
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2004, 07:07:12 pm »

Are you talking about user defined picture information fields, or extra user profile fields?
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

revjoe

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2004, 07:56:12 pm »

well I guess the easy answer would be both.   ;)  But personally all I will ever use is picture information fields.

fwiw if there is an already agreed upon architecture for these, I can put some time in to code it for 1.4.

Joe

Richy.nl

• Coppermine novice
    • Richy.nl - Professional Photography
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2004, 08:12:03 pm »

I would like to add a field by registration of a member. I want to add an extra field with mobile phonenumber information.

How to do that?

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2004, 08:28:29 pm »

Ok, so here is the current situation;

More custom fields for picture info.  The mod to add extra fields is here.  This is not being added to the next version, at least not as yet.

More user profile fields.  The mod is here  This has already been added to the next version, with a total of 6 fields, all admin settable, including one for longer entries such as biogs.

It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

revjoe

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2004, 08:28:55 pm »

Richy.nl...

I know i just had a link with instructions on how to do this... Of course I just deleted it!.... Try doing a search on "add profile fields" and see what you come up with..

I found this thread: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=2492.0

revjoe

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2004, 08:33:02 pm »

Thanks Casper.... at least I can go in knowing what I am getting myself into... maybe I'll just add an external hack I can call via ssi....

But as I understand it, you are still limiting it to a specified amount of fields?  for example 6 in user profiles?  If I needed a seventh I would have to mod it again?  (like I said, I won't use these at all anyway.  Just making sure I understand the design implied.)

Oh and Casper......thanks again for the quick replies.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2004, 08:36:33 pm »

Yes, you are correct that if you want more than 4 info fields, or 6 profile fields, in the next version, you will have to add these yourselves.

But I think this is more than the vast majority of users require. we get very few requests for this.  If there is a number of requests to increase this in the standard release, then we will of course consider it, and as these are both fairly easy to do, would probably be done. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.