Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Separate authentication module for sharing applications?  (Read 3201 times)

JMelhuish

• Coppermine newbie
Separate authentication module for sharing applications?
« on: October 06, 2004, 03:37:58 pm »

I would like to know if it is possible for you developers to create a standards-based user authentication module that could be shared by different PHP applications.  I would like my registered website users to be able to login once in a session and have all of my applications recognize them : Coppermine, PunBB (forum), and maybe other applications like phpBB, Gallery, Tiki (which I am dropping), etc.

This is really important to me, and probably to other folk too.  This partially addresses the "integration" issue with other apps.

A second nice feature would be some kind of common CSS, at least for major elements like Font style, size, Headings, etc. that each application could call in addition to its own CSS.  I don't know how this would work.

Would it be possible for the community of PHP application developers to work together to create a shareable authentication module?  Thanks!

James
« Last Edit: October 06, 2004, 04:54:03 pm by TranzNDance »

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Separate authentication module for sharing applications?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2004, 03:43:14 pm »

I think the answer to this is best found on this thread, http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=9179.0
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

JMelhuish

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Separate authentication module for sharing applications?
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2004, 04:27:21 pm »

I think the answer to this is best found on this thread, http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=9179.0

I didn't find this thread.  Yup, that answers it...   :(    Thanks!

James
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.