Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridge w/ phpbb2 problem with admin option  (Read 4532 times)

ggee1

• Coppermine newbie
Bridge w/ phpbb2 problem with admin option
« on: October 06, 2004, 02:55:52 am »

I have sucessfully bridged CPG and phpbb so they use the same database, however my options as administrator are not present when I log into the forum nor is there an option to upload pictures for those logging in as user.  I only get the login in option on CPG where I would normally get other options to upload and config CPG.  So what I thought was a successful bridge, I guess is not??  Does anyone one have ideas what might be wrong?  CPG stands alone fine and when bridged I have no errors.... so I guess this is what's so confusing.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Bridge w/ phpbb2 problem with admin option
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2004, 07:26:13 am »

this usually happens if your bridge is incorrect and the cookie can't be read. Post a link to your coppermine gallery and a test user account (non-admin) of your bbs.

Joachim

ggee1

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2004, 03:39:14 am »

I created a non admin test account, when I click on the link to the cpg gallery and then click on the link, "login" it takes me to the bb.  So far so good, but when I log in it takes me back to the gallery and I'm not logged in??  However, I am logged into the bb?  I appreciate your help I'm sure it's something that I have done wrong.  I have read other postings and most people sound like they are getting errors.  This is not the case for me.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2004, 03:45:19 am »

Post the test user name/password here.

This sounds like a cookie issue - did you make sure to follow the bridge instructions and set your cookie names up correctly?
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

ggee1

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2004, 04:42:39 am »

Here's the link to the forum, I have the gallery under the link marked "member gallery"  http://gregsreef.com/reefforum/index.php 
username: nemo2004
password: kwflorida
I'm going to go over the cookie thing again to double check....

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2004, 04:49:23 am »

Did you...
If you are using phpBB 2, go to the admin control panel and check that "Cookie domain" corresponds to your domain, "Cookie name" is "phpbb2mysql" and "Cookie path" is "/".

Create a new file named cpg_redir.php in your phpBB directory, and paste the following code into the file:

Code: [Select]
<?php
if (!$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']) {

$cpg_host=$HTTP_SERVER_VARS['HTTP_HOST'];
} else {

$cpg_host=$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'];
}
$cpg_path='/gallery';
header("Location: http://".$cpg_host.$cpg_path);
exit;
?>

Note that "admin control panel" refers to phpBB and not Coppermine.  You shouldn't have changed your Coppermine cookie name.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

ggee1

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2004, 05:00:58 am »

I have added the file cpg_redir.php to the phpbb directory.  I just checked it again to make sure the cpg_path was correct and it was.  I also checked the cookie name in the phpbb and it is "phpbb2mysql" and "Cookie path" is "/".  It's prob something so simple that I can't find it! :) 

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2004, 06:33:23 am »

Here's the link to the forum, I have the gallery under the link marked "member gallery"  http://gregsreef.com/reefforum/index.php 
username: nemo2004
password: kwflorida
I'm going to go over the cookie thing again to double check....
So the link we need should actually have been http://gregsreef.com/gallery/index.php - please don't force supporters to actually understand your site's navigation, but give deep links whenever possible.

The page is unbridged, when I click on the login link from the coppermine page, I'm not sent to your board, but I remain on coppermine's built-in logon. You have to enable bridging after all to make this work, please re-read the docs.

Joachim

ggee1

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2004, 05:44:25 am »

please don't force supporters to actually understand your site's navigation, but give deep links whenever possible.

I apologize for the link problem,  I actually un bridged the gallery because I was tired of messing with it over the past three days and allowed the program to stand alone.  Please do not think that I'm trying to "force" anyone, that is not my intention GauGau.  Thanks for the help anyways.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2004, 08:44:55 am »

does this mean you have given up and we should close this case?

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.