Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is is possable to have a hidden catagory?  (Read 2998 times)

awelham

• Coppermine newbie
Is is possable to have a hidden catagory?
« on: October 01, 2004, 03:24:59 pm »

You know how you can set an album to have rights for, 'just me', 'just X users' or all users...

Can the same thing be done with catagories, and therefore all albums within the catagory? What i would like to do is have a catagory that is only visable to admin users. The closest i have been able to get to this is creating a catagory and them makeing all the albums within available to 'only me'. However, once you have 2 or 3 of these they make the index look cluttered, as you have 3 lines of catagory that appear to be empty.

Any sugestions or help would be appreciated! If it has been covered before, i appologise, if not... maybe a future feature.

thanks!

awelham
« Last Edit: October 05, 2004, 11:46:40 pm by GauGau »

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Is is possable to have a hidden catagory?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2004, 07:06:46 pm »

No you cannot have hidden categories, but why don't you assign all the admin only albums into *no category.  Then you will see them on the front page, below the regular categories.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

awelham

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Is is possable to have a hidden catagory?
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 12:02:14 am »

bummer...

That would work, but i rearranged my order to have them at the top... i will have a play arround, i have a good idea of what you mean though!

Cheers for that... sometimes the simple things work best, huh... thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.