Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resize Images Feature on coppermine  (Read 4668 times)

globalfisher

• Coppermine newbie
Resize Images Feature on coppermine
« on: October 04, 2004, 04:53:53 am »

I am curious if there is a feature on the coppermine gallery that will automatically size down the pictures. I know some other photo albums like this have it. Does coppermine?

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Resize Images Feature on coppermine
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2004, 04:55:51 am »

Please read the documentation, unless you have something else in mind. In that case please, describe exactly the scenario you have in mind.

globalfisher

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2004, 04:58:35 am »

Not exactly sure what you mean but I just want to make a setting where members can upload any size picture they want and the gallery will size down the picture to what setting I put it as. What documentaion? The readme file that came with coppermine?

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2004, 05:02:09 am »

That capability is in CPG. The files to read are in the docs folder, or you can read from the link at the top of the page.

globalfisher

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2004, 05:40:35 am »

How would I go about adding pictures into posts?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2004, 05:58:19 am »

If you have questions regarding the use of the forum software we use here, you're meant to use the "help" button.
You either add pics to a post by using bbcode like this
Code: [Select]
[img]http://yoursite.tld/your_folder/your_file.jpg[/img]or by attaching them (using the "additional options" link at the bottomn left of the screen when composing a message).
You have already been told you need to read before asking, please do so in the future or you questions will be ignored.

Joachim

globalfisher

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2004, 05:44:56 am »

I already know how to do all that stuff I was just trying to find the image link from coppermine to paste in the [img] tags.

The way you told me to do the image sizing this wasnt the way I was thinking. I want the coppermine to be able to downsize the photos after they upload them and be able to past the image link of the downsized picture after it was uploaded.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2004, 08:27:38 am »

this is the "general discussion" board, so there's no actual support being given here, but - as the name suggests - there's only general discussion. To answer your initial question: yes, coppermine resizes pics (intermediate size and thumbnails). There have been various postings and hacks to accomplish similar things (showing the actual picture url for being able to copy'n paste), please search the board if you actually need a hack.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.