Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: can coppermine generate a thumbnail of a movie file?  (Read 4522 times)

balzack

• Coppermine newbie
can coppermine generate a thumbnail of a movie file?
« on: September 30, 2004, 11:42:35 am »

hi-

i am wondering if coppermine can generate a thumbnail of a video file being uploaded? i cant find info on it other than being able to upload seperate files which doesn't sound hopeful...

i think this would be very handy because a generic video image isnt usual whereas the first frame of the movie clip would easily identify it to the user and look much nicer.

so does this exist? is it planned? if not, does anyknow know of a gallery that does support it? i upload lots of videos along with photos and doing seperate thumbnails for each is a pain...

thanks alot for any help!

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: can coppermine generate a thumbnail of a movie file?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004, 02:44:28 pm »

No coppermine cannot generate a specific thumbnail for a non image file.  You can upload a custom thumb you create yourself for the file, but without that, coppermine will use the generic thumb.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Nibbler

Re: can coppermine generate a thumbnail of a movie file?
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 10:16:13 pm »

I managed to get Imagemagick to make thumbnails for mpegs, but it's quite demanding on the server. If that's any good to you I'll see if i can post it as a mod.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 19 queries.