Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Automatic Log out after using XP Publisher...  (Read 3300 times)

choubaka

• Coppermine newbie
Automatic Log out after using XP Publisher...
« on: September 29, 2004, 05:26:05 pm »

Hi Everybody !

I hope it's the right place to post my question...
I've noticed that when you're using XP Publisher to publish pictures you need to log in. That's logical and normal but I'v also noticed that at the end of that procedure you are still logged in (and if you go to the galery webpage you're logged in too).

My question is: Would it be possible to automatically unlog (log out) the user at the end of the Xp Publisher's procedure ? So that if he goes to the webpage, he will be recognized as an anonymous user...
Could someone help me modify the script for this to happen ?

I hope you'll understand my question even if my english is really really poor...I apologize for that...

Thanks in advance  for your answers !!!! :)

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Automatic Log out after using XP Publisher...
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2004, 05:29:41 pm »

At the end of the process, the user has the option to go to the gallery. I would think that the user should be able to go to the gallery, logged in, to check that the photos are OK. Then, he/she should be able to log out from there.

And your English is fine. :)

choubaka

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2004, 05:39:39 pm »

Thank you for your answer and for your remark about my english not being too bad ;)

The problem is that for practical matters, All my friends are using the same user id. This user id gives administrators' rights. The ideal would be to log them off at the end of that xp Publisher's Procedure because some of them would be able to suppress all the albums in a few clciks with administrators' rights ;) lol :)
And I've tried to give them registered users rights only but they 'd like to publish and create albums in public albums categories...That's why the user id they use need to have administrator's rights... I don't know if I'm clear enough...
Anyway, the only solution I've found to solve that problem would be to automatically log them off at the end of that XP Publisher's Procedure...

Thanks again... for any help with that :)

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2004, 10:24:13 pm »

Allowing anyone else, let alone a whole group of people, to have admin rights is asking for trouble, as another user reported the other day.

And as they all use the same log in, you would have no idea who done what.

It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2004, 11:28:22 pm »

Casper's right, this just is a very silly setup to have. There's absolutely no reason to make them use the same login, and even worse to make them share an admin account.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.