Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: eCommerce Freelance Help Needed  (Read 17352 times)

JeWelz

• Coppermine novice
    • Landman Kids
eCommerce Freelance Help Needed
« on: September 28, 2004, 04:13:48 am »

UPDATED

Site development needed for stock photo site.

I am willing to pay $40/hour for assistance and would like an estimate on the following requirements:

1. Resize original photo into two sizes (low resolution and medium resolution) in addition to thumbnail and "normal" views. 

2. The low res, medium res, and originals should be unavailable from downloading/viewing unless purchased.  There should be a page that will allow the puchaser to enter the Paypal conf. number and based on the API status that is returned from Paypal the download will be permitted on the picture purchased. This needs to be a secure method for users to pay for the photo (Paypal Interface) and then for the API to get loaded into the system to allow download of the purchased photo once payment is confirmed/completed.

4. The size in KB, pixels, dpi (if possible), and inches should be listed for each available size (low, medium, and high) on the page the thumbnail is displayed.  Based on a range and a formula uploaded pictures should be priced (will provide formula and category to freelancer).

If you're interested in performing only a piece of this that is acceptable.  Rate is negotiable based on time required to perform changes - any reasonable offer will be considered.

Thanks!
Julie
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 01:16:36 am by JeWelz »

six42

• Coppermine novice
Re: eCommerce Freelance Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2004, 10:46:09 am »

Holy crap - you have 60mb images  :o

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • http://tariquesani.net
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2004, 12:30:05 pm »

Do you have your own server? Processing images as big as 60mb will not be possible on a shared server where the IM would just exit due to high memory usage. Also most likely your images are tiff images - which are not displayed by default in most of the browsers.
SANIsoft PHP applications for E Biz

JeWelz

• Coppermine novice
    • Landman Kids
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2004, 03:34:48 pm »

Hmmm...

Well no they are not Tiffs (I noticed that GD doesn't support Tiff) but I'd love to be able to handle Tiffs one day.

Right now I have modified my .htaccess file to allow me to upload 1500MB and I'm testing with a 6MB file and the upload is successful but GD seems to crap out with the createimagefromjpg function.  I'm looking for a workaround to handle AT LEAST 10MB files.  I may have to exclude this requirement and figure out how to do it w/o PHP. 

I don't have my own server - I'm still in development phase.  I am willing to upgrade to get my own server (sounds like I may have to do that sooner than later?)  I'm using ixwebhosting and they said they didn't want to install ImageMagick because it wasn't secure (or something like that). 

Thank you for your input!!!

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2004, 03:51:35 pm »

There are no security issues with ImageMagick AFAIK.  If it wasn't secure you'd never see it used at all.

If you plan on having your own server, I highly recommend finding a good virtual host instead of attempting to run one from home.

BTW, image file sizes that large will choke GD, NetPBM, and ImageMagick, regardless of how much memory you put in the server.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2004, 04:00:14 pm by kegobeer »
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2004, 05:16:39 pm »

@Kegobeer - Well I handled 82mb tiffs with IM on a dual processor 4gb RAM server and it is a breeze ;) but you get the idea....

JeWelz

• Coppermine novice
    • Landman Kids
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2004, 11:14:08 pm »

UPDATED

Site development needed for stock photo site.

I am willing to pay $40/hour for assistance and would like an estimate on the following requirements:

1. Resize original photo into two sizes (low resolution and medium resolution) in addition to thumbnail and "normal" views.  

2. The low res, medium res, and originals should be unavailable from downloading/viewing unless purchased.  There should be a page that will allow the puchaser to enter the Paypal conf. number and based on the API status that is returned from Paypal the download will be permitted on the picture purchased. This needs to be a secure method for users to pay for the photo (Paypal Interface) and then for the API to get loaded into the system to allow download of the purchased photo once payment is confirmed/completed.

4. The size in KB, pixels, dpi (if possible), and inches should be listed for each available size (low, medium, and high) on the page the thumbnail is displayed.  Based on a range and a formula uploaded pictures should be priced (will provide formula and category to freelancer).

Current site: www.absolutestockphoto.com/coppermine

If you're interested in performing only a piece of this that is acceptable.  Rate is negotiable based on time required to perform changes - any reasonable offer will be considered.

Thanks!
Julie

JeWelz

• Coppermine novice
    • Landman Kids
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2004, 08:29:21 pm »

@Kegobeer - Well I handled 82mb tiffs with IM on a dual processor 4gb RAM server and it is a breeze ;) but you get the idea....

(I know this is off topic a bit but I'd really really like to know)

What was your memory limit set to in order to process/resize an 82mb file?  Is there some formula that I can apply? 

Thanks!

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2004, 06:14:07 am »

What was your memory limit set to in order to process/resize an 82mb file? Is there some formula that I can apply?
Since the resizing was handled by ImageMagicK the PHP memory limit (which I presume you are talking about) does not come into play in this case.

Also if I am not mistaken you want a clone of http://photos.com (for the download part etc) - right?

JeWelz

• Coppermine novice
    • Landman Kids
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2004, 03:08:01 pm »

That is correct - I want similar functionality to photos.com (But it would not be subscription based, the customer would pay per photo).

If ImageMagicK resizing doesn't use the PHP memory limit what would limit the size of photo that can be resized?
Thanks!

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2004, 04:49:08 pm »

The server itself - specially the amount of RAM availlable on the server and the CPU power - that combined with what other things are concurrently running on the server

kyin

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2004, 10:35:00 am »

If you are still looking for somebody to do it, I can take the job. Currently I have done following to my own website at http://www.XmediaStation.com

1. Paypal IPN  integration to automatic activate account upon payment
2. Registered uers can set a price for their picture and sell online using PayPal shopping cart
3. Auto resize pictures upon uploading according to the group's max pixture width/height user belong to
4. Password protect albums and email album to friends

I am planning those features in future:
-Integrate with my personal video/picture  recorder (XmediaStorm , http://www.XmediaStudio.com) to do batch resizing and uploading.
-Download full size picture upon payment.
Xmedia Group
www.XmediaStation.com - Online Digital Media Center
www.XmediaHost.com - Quality and Affodable Web Hosting
www.XmediaStudio.com - Ultimate Digital Media Solutions

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2004, 11:13:29 am »

@kyin - I know you are keen on getting some $$ but this person has asked for something very specific - you have not answered any of that ....

Not a recommended strategy to land freelancing assignments

kyin

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2004, 02:22:59 pm »

Oops.. sorry for that. I just assumed that I answered yes to all he questions. That's why I listed additional modifications I can do. Anyway I make it more specific here:

Yes. Can be done for sure

2. The low res, medium res, and originals should be unavailable from downloading/viewing unless purchased.  ...
Can be done. But need more time for coding and testing.

4. The size in KB, pixels, dpi (if possible), and inches should be listed for each available size (low, medium, and high) on the page the thumbnail is displayed.  Based on a range and a formula uploaded pictures should be priced (will provide formula and category to freelancer).
can be done also.
Xmedia Group

kyin

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2004, 05:28:32 am »

Hello Julie,
continue to previous post:
HIGH LEVEL REQUIREMENTS 3:
1. There should be three categories with three ...
Can be done

1. Currency
2. Currency Symbol
3. Small Minimum Pixels allowed for either Width or Height (which ever is larger)
4. Medium Minimum Pixels allowed for either Width or Height (which ever is larger)
5. Large Pixels allowed for either Width or Height (which ever is larger)
6. Small Price
7. Medium Price
8. Large Price
9.  Resize value for Small (this will be the size of the either the height or the width - which ever is the larger value in the original photo).
10. Resize value for Medium (this will be the size of the either the height or the width - which ever is the larger value in the original photo).
- Can be done. But as I mentioned before, for item 1&2 I will start from USD first

2. To the right of the photo and description I would like to have the available sizes listed ...
This is a bit tricky because modification of picture display page will affect other functions like slide show etc.. Also, there will be tremedous of work to do since every theme need to be modified accordingly. So I suggest why not take the coppermine default layout and add additional info into it. You can see a sample here http://www.xmediastation.com/displayimage.php?album=18&pos=0 . In the sample, I added "Add to cart" and price infro on top of picture title. It can be added into file information section as well. Please let me know whether you can accept this .
Xmedia Group

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2004, 08:22:05 am »

@kyin - a security and speed up quick tip

Keep all the final downloadable images outside the web root (it is not true of usual CPG install) and use something like PEAR HTTP_download to offer the download once the payment is made.

Also have an option of loading already watermarked normal size pictures. Lastly Julie is talking about huge images so ensure that the resize method is IM nothing else is likely to work

kyin

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2004, 11:05:47 am »

Tarique Sani ,
Thanks for your advice.
Xmedia Group

JeWelz

• Coppermine novice
    • Landman Kids
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2004, 10:48:37 pm »

<Continued>

Hello Julie,
continue to previous post:
HIGH LEVEL REQUIREMENTS 3:
1. There should be three categories with three ...
Can be done

1. Currency
2. Currency Symbol
3. Small Minimum Pixels allowed for either Width or Height (which ever is larger)
4. Medium Minimum Pixels allowed for either Width or Height (which ever is larger)
5. Large Pixels allowed for either Width or Height (which ever is larger)
6. Small Price
7. Medium Price
8. Large Price
9.  Resize value for Small (this will be the size of the either the height or the width - which ever is the larger value in the original photo).
10. Resize value for Medium (this will be the size of the either the height or the width - which ever is the larger value in the original photo).
- Can be done. But as I mentioned before, for item 1&2 I will start from USD first   I plan on selling in USD only anyhow and if someone is in Europe I will let Paypal do the conversion, etc.

2. To the right of the photo and description I would like to have the available sizes listed ...
This is a bit tricky because modification of picture display page will affect other functions like slide show etc.. Also, there will be tremedous of work to do since every theme need to be modified accordingly [I would only need eyeball theme modified]. So I suggest why not take the coppermine default layout and add additional info into it. You can see a sample here http://www.xmediastation.com/displayimage.php?album=18&pos=0 . In the sample, I added "Add to cart" and price infro on top of picture title. It can be added into file information section as well. Please let me know whether you can accept this .

Kinda - I've attached an alternative acceptable layout.  Again you can apply it to only the eyeball theme to make the effort easier/smaller.  Let me know your thoughts.

kyin

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2004, 03:49:31 pm »

You are welcome, Julie. I am ok with your method. I have estimated the maximum hours as itemized below:

HIGH LEVEL REQUIREMENTS 1: 5 hours (code development only. I assume I won't be asked me to resize all existing pictures for you ,right?  ;))

HIGH LEVEL REQUIREMENTS 2: 12 hours

HIGH LEVEL REQUIREMENTS 3: 11 hours (based on one theme only)

I think your new layout is ok. I will remove functions like user rating, slide show, and ecards. Is that ok with you?
Xmedia Group

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2004, 07:22:17 am »

This is a fair estimate of number of hours....
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.