Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Private album  (Read 8852 times)

Dizko

• Coppermine newbie
Private album
« on: September 27, 2004, 03:44:43 pm »

How can I make it so only registered users can view the gallerys ??

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: Private album
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 04:03:30 pm »

The documentation covers album configurations.  What specific problem do you have?
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 08:49:23 pm »

http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/faq.php#viewThumbnailsOnly
http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/faq.php#registeredUsersOnly

Thanks for reading the docs, reading the faq and searching the board before posting next time.

Joachim

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2004, 11:34:49 pm »

And there's this mod to prevent all access to unlogged, http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=3503.0

@ Gaugau,  the faq on reg users only, does not prevent viewing of the thumbs on the index.php or the thumbnails.php.  Perhaps we can update the faq to do the same in these files, if a admin wants to prevent all unregistered viewing.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2004, 08:30:13 am »

OK, please go ahead (the faq on the webpage is the one from the stable branc's, docs folder). I'll upload accordingly.

Joachim

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2004, 06:55:06 pm »

OK, will do, but can't promise when, as I have many problems with the 'puter my coppermine stuff is on.  Having to work from a very old one without all the bells and whistles.

All I can advise anyone on windoze xp, is leave sp2 alone.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2004, 12:56:19 am »

hehe, that's why I don't use WinXP  ;)

Joachim

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2004, 01:20:08 am »

[offtopic]
What happened to you with SP2?  I've done my machine and my wife's laptop with no issues (other than the networked HP printer, but that's HP's problem because their drivers suck).
[/offtopic]
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2004, 04:49:43 pm »

[offtopic]
What happened to you with SP2? I've done my machine and my wife's laptop with no issues (other than the networked HP printer, but that's HP's problem because their drivers suck).
[/offtopic]

right from the start I have had crashes of explorer, both windows explorer and IE.  I have also had crashes of other programs that were stable until the upgrade.
But the worst for me, is the fact my laptop now refuses to work via a wireless network, even though the card connects.  I have tried it with both my usual laptop card, and the usb adapter my sons pc uses.  The wireless network is working fine, as his pc(still on sp1) still connects no problem.  It did work for a short while after the upgrade.  It will connect to the router, as I said, but will not allow any program to use it. I have disabled the windoze firewall which came with sp2, but this has not helped either.  I have no other software firewall installed.
I can connect via a cable connection to the network, but that means sitting in the upstairs hallway, where the router and old pc is, all the time  >:(

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2004, 04:54:57 pm »

Hmmm... I wonder if it's a coincidence... but ever since I stopped using IE SP2 and switched to FF, my wireless connection has been a lot more reliable. It used to drop off several times a day for long stretches of time. I haven't moved the hardware. It doesn't seem to make sense that a browser could effect the wireless connection. Oh well.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2004, 05:01:16 pm »

Well in a way I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing problems.

I did lose the wireless when using IE at first, but it now windows refuses to use it when I turn the puter on, so even using ff I can't do it.

Thinking of doing a full system restore to before the upgrade.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2004, 10:20:35 pm »

Well, this thread got way of topic  :D

Anyway, I have updated the faq to show how to force users to login before they can see anything.  The faq had the allow thumbs but not other pics instructions twice, so I just used the second one to add it.

And returning O/T, I got my puter sorted, but only by doing a restore, and un-installing and re-installing my wireless utility.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.