Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Selecting images and posting image names to send mail  (Read 3441 times)

webwobble

• Coppermine newbie
    • About Autism, a parent's perspective
Selecting images and posting image names to send mail
« on: September 23, 2004, 10:41:12 pm »

This is a great tool.

I have built with surprising ease, the galleries and got the whole thing up and running first time.
I am now looking to take the tool a stage further and facilitate a function whereby viewers can select certain images and email a request for prints to the photographer that owns the galleries.
Can anyone please point me in the right direction as I am struggling with this aspect of the project.
I can't link to the gallery as the client has stipulated that the whole thing is locked down for now.

Many thanks

Martin (UK)

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Selecting images and posting image names to send mail
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2004, 11:10:19 pm »

Have you looked at the payal shop hack, in the mods section.  This does not use email, but paypal shopping basket, to acheive the same thing.

Have a look at the DEMO on my site.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004, 05:26:12 am »

If you don't want to use Casper's paypal hack, you could "abuse" one of the custom fields to contain the email address of the artist. Hide it in the pic info section (do a search on how to do that), or the artist will get a lot of spam. Then you add some custom code to displayimage that shows the "I want to buy this pic" link and sends the email to the artist. This will require some code modifications that are not too difficult, but you will need some PHP knowledge however.

Joachim

webwobble

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 08:36:54 pm »

Have you looked at the payal shop hack, in the mods section.  This does not use email, but paypal shopping basket, to acheive the same thing.

Have a look at the DEMO on my site.

Thanks I will investigate that this evening. Also thanks to GauGau, but I am just starting out with php and mysql so I am resigned to being a 100% script kiddie for now at least.  :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2004, 09:12:35 pm »

ok, but mind the use of the term "script kiddy" - usually it's not meant as a compliment at all.

Joachim

webwobble

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2004, 09:13:06 pm »

Joachim
Thanks for the advice. I have ruled out Casper's Paypal option as the client was not prepared to go down the Paypal route.
I have managed to customise the whole tool but I have found that on large batch runs, I am ending up with thumbnails without filenames.
I am guessing that ordinarily this would be undesirable, but for my purposes, i.e identifying images for subsequent ordering, the file names are essential if I am to make this work.
I am planning on a Photoshop action to watermark the images, so that is not a problem but I am struggling to get some final mods out of the way before presenting this.
This is my first paid website so I am keen to make a good impression. Can anyone please advise me if I will be able to completely remove the file information button (and thus not display more than I want) and how to display the file name on it's own below each thumb ?
The gallery is located on http://www.grahamdale.co.uk/weddings/wedding_viewer

Any advice much appreciated and thanks to all involved this is a brilliant tool.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.