Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MySQL error  (Read 2511 times)

Sh33p

• Coppermine newbie
MySQL error
« on: September 28, 2004, 11:59:14 am »

Hey, my web site ( www.seddyscheese.co.uk/1/ ) is using cpg132, i intsalled it all last night and uploaded the pictures using XP publish, after i had finished uploading i browsed the site a couple of times to check things were all in order and they were fine, no problems, then this morning i tried to access the site and got this error:

Coppermine critical error:
Unable to connect to database !

MySQL said: Too many connections

Ive read previous posts about needing to reduce the amount of thumbs shown on myfirst page, only problem is i have NO IDEA on how to do this when i cant access my site. Do i need to edit it in the mysql db itself on my web panel? Please help me!!!

Regards

Luke

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: MySQL error
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2004, 01:02:50 pm »

Your error has nothing to do with Coppermine and everything to do with your host - it sounds like when you visited there was a lot of activity on the databases.  I just visited your site and found no errors.

If you need to change things when you aren't able to use Coppermine's config panel, just use phpmyadmin to change the values in the _config table.  However, with the small number of pictures in your gallery the number of thumbnails displayed isn't any problem.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.