Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uploading Images  (Read 5629 times)

Morrey

• Coppermine newbie
Uploading Images
« on: October 27, 2003, 04:26:01 pm »

I've installed coppermine 1.2 following the instructions of the readme file, with the integration with invision power board 1.2x.

Now as being an admin on the forum, I can also enter the admin section of coppermine, here I can upload images without any problem, but when I want to upload images in "user mode", I reveive the following eror: "Sorry there is no album where you are allowed to upload pictures".
Is that because I'm an admin?, Do I have to use the admin mode to upload images or have I set some wrong configuration settings?

thnx Morrey

www.coriocafe.com

Laugesen

• Translator
  • Coppermine novice
    • http://www.tommerup.net
Uploading Images
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2003, 04:34:36 pm »

U have to made an album, that and accept user uploads ...
***** Jan Ole Laugesen *****
         Wissen ist macht...
Ich weiß nicht und macht nicht...

jdbaranger

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • Accro-Photo
Uploading Images
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2003, 04:39:21 pm »

First, if you want users to have their own albums, you must set to YES the option 'Users can can have private albums' in the Configure Panel in Admin mode.

Then, in User mode, the user must create an album and upload its photos.

If you prefer users to publish photos in an album created by the admin, you must set this value to No and you must create albums in Admin mode, in the Albums section. Then, you must authorize users to publish in these albums, in the properties of each album.

Jean-Denis
Jean-Denis

Morrey

• Coppermine newbie
Uploading Images
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2003, 07:41:32 pm »

Yes I've done what you said, I made 3 albums within 2 catagories, and the members and crew members of my forum can make a personal album themselves, but my question was, does the admin need to be in "admin mode" before he can upload images himself without using ftp, because I can only upload images (as an admin) this way (for now), and not when I'm in user mode, which is somewhat strange isn't?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Uploading Images
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2003, 08:06:19 am »

there has been some discussion around admin mode/user mode; just to clarify:
Admin is logged in in admin mode all the time. He views the gallery as well as doing admin stuff while logged in as admin and in admin mode.
Only if he wants to have a quick look on how a page "would" look for a "regular" user (without all the admin buttons, bars and whistles) he switches to user mode for a second. This is especially handy if you're working on a theme.
That's what user mode has been invented for - no need for further discussion! If you're an admin and don't need the tool "user mode", then just never switch to it - you could even remove it from your theme.php (by commenting it out).

GauGau

P.S.
[rant]
people keep on requesting feature after feature, and if you build in a feature they're confused and ask silly questions like "what's the big red button labelled 'DO NOT PUSH' for?"
If you don't need a feature, don't use it. If you want to get rid of it for good, remove it from your navigation.
If stuff doesn't work while in user mode, then just never switch to user mode!
[/rant]

Morrey

• Coppermine newbie
Uploading Images
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2003, 09:01:11 pm »

Okay I understand, but the problem I have is something else than your example of the redbutton quest, it just doesn't work yet, not for the members and that is something that is important.
Well I would like you to look at my group settings:

.........1.........:...2..:...3...:...4...:...5...:...6...:...7...:...8...:...9...:
Validating......:yes..:yes..:yes...:yes...:no....:no....:no.....:no....:
Guests..........:yes..:yes..:yes...:yes...:no....:no....:no.....:no....:
Members.......:yes..:yes..:yes...:yes...:yes..:no....:yes....:no....:
Admin...........:yes..:yes..:yes...:yes...:yes..:no....:yes....:no....:
Banned.........:no....:no...:no....:no....:no.....:no....:no.....:no....:
Moderators....:yes..:yes..:yes...:yes...:yes..:no....:yes....:no....:
Corio Crew....:yes..:yes..:yes...:yes...:yes..:no....:yes....:no....:

1= Group Name
2= Disk Quota
3= Can rate pics
4= Can send ecards
5= Can post comments
6= Can upload pics
7= Pub. Upl. approval
8= Can have a personal gallery
9= Priv. Upl. approval
-------------------------------------------------------
I hope you see what settings I've used, users are not able to upload images because they get the following error:
Sorry there is no album where you are allowed to upload pictures

This is the error when I get when I'm logged in as a member and when I'm in the so called usermode as being an admin.

Do I have to set something else before members are able to upload images?

Morrey

• Coppermine newbie
Uploading Images
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2003, 09:16:12 pm »

well I now have seen what the problem was, after I looked at the dbase, it works fine now, in user mode and in admin mode.

I suppose I should thank you, just for reading my question, though I think you should treat new users somewhat else when they use your software for the first time, unkown about all the great functions it has. Just a little more respect to eachother and we would live in a different world.

Thank you, Morrey

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Uploading Images
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2003, 12:11:59 am »

Morrey,

I didn't want to scare you off, sorry if I sounded too rude.
I'm not going to say it was what you did, but generally speaking the problem is the attitude of most users: people don't read the documenation provided, people don't read the faq, people don't search the board - they try the software and if things don't work in less than a minute they ask the very same questions again and again.
I spend several hours on coppermine each day; whenever I switch my pc on at home I first visit the board and try to help as good as I can; but I'm only human: after reading 2, 3, 4, 5 silly questions that I and several others have answered a thousand times I sometimes lose my patience and write some rude posting. You can call this a bad attitude, but after all you've come here for free support (remember - nobody get's paid here - you don't have the same rights here than in a shop where you are a paying customer) and you got support: it's good that you found out how to solve your problem by yourself but this shows that you could have looked into it more thorougly.

I dind't ask for people being specifically gratefull for my work here on this project - if I was I'd have to pick up something else but free software development. Nobody has to say thanks in the first place, but I'd expect people to try a little harder before aksing for help.

Anyway, I hope you're happy with your coppermine install now and maybe you're going to give back something for being able to use it - one way or the other.

GauGau

jasendorf

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • http://www.338tharmyband.com
Uploading Images
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2003, 03:40:28 am »

Respect and kindness work both ways.  In this "whole different world" you speak of, would users read the documentation before asking others to fix their problems?  Please remember, when you say "your" software, it's not really "ours" it's yours and theirs and his and hers and everybody's!

My question is this: Once you've learned a good deal of the in's and out's of CPG will you be willing to come here and help answer questions like gaugau does for hours a day and help "make this a different world" or are you all talk?
Read the Online DOCs,FAQ, and SEARCH the board BEFORE posting questions for help.

Morrey

• Coppermine newbie
Uploading Images
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2003, 02:58:12 pm »

Duo the fact that I have read the faq and the documentation before I even installed the script (unlike many others, tell me about it), I posted this question because I couldn't find out what the problem was, afterwards it seemed to be one setting I've set wrongly.

Anyway, I've got a lot of respect for the job you're doing, helping others in exange for nothing...well that's not true either, you've met a lot of people/new friends which is worth something too.
I know, I've done the same on another site from March untill August, several hours per day. The system they used, you could earn points on the forum by helping people, with enough points you could earn a free php + mysql host. That brought a damn load of spam to the site, from newbies who want to earn points as fast as possible, so I do understand the way you're looking to newbies with their "stupid" questions.

But at the end of my "carreer" at that site (being admin, I even planned to take over the site, which would be a fact when the current owner didn't change his mind so often), I asked for a favour, which would cost them just a few mb's diskspace, for my own site. Probably the other admins didn't like the idea behind my site, and just said no, regardless to all the time I spent on the site. I left in a major fight together with loads of other members.

What I want to say, is that people, not you but I mean globally haven't got respect (or just very little) to eachother, which is too bad.

Well than to Jasendorf, yes I would love to help out after I checked and found out the things I want to know and perhaps the things I don't want to know. When the time allows me I'll help out as far as I can.

It's just that I see it so often, here on the streets in The Netherlands, all the disrespect to other people, well I suppose this isn't really the right forum to start about this, sorry for that but sometimes it has to be said.

Respect for you all,

Maurice "Morrey" Smedts
www.coriocafe.com
The Netherlands
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.