Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CHMOD and win2k ?  (Read 4950 times)

mich

• Coppermine newbie
CHMOD and win2k ?
« on: October 27, 2003, 01:33:24 pm »

while installing, i get the following message:
Before you continue with Coppermine installation, there are some problems that need to be fixed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 'include' directory (located in the directory where you uploaded Coppermine) should be writable in order to save your configuration. Use your FTP program to change its mode to 755 or 777.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 'userpics' directory (located in the 'albums' directory on your server) should be writable in order to allow pictures upload. Use your FTP program to change its mode to 755 or 777.

Once you are done, hit the "Try again" button.

any one can help?? i installed under win2k.

jasendorf

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • http://www.338tharmyband.com
CHMOD and win2k ?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2003, 02:57:24 pm »

Do you have direct access to this machine?  If so, you'll need to go to the folders in the directory structure and right click select "Properties" for the respective folders, then select the "Security" tab.  Press the "Permissions" button and then change the control for all the listed users to "Full Control."  This is similar to selecting 777.

Good luck, John
Read the Online DOCs,FAQ, and SEARCH the board BEFORE posting questions for help.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
CHMOD and win2k ?
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2003, 05:53:46 pm »

ehrm, in fact not all users that show up: it's actually two users you have to take care of:
  • IUSR_hostname is the user the www surfer runs under - read/write access will do (you don't have to grant full/delete permissions)
  • IWAM_hostname is the script/webserver: grant full access.[/list:u]As this is very, very basic knowledge I hope that you are hosted by a webhosting company - they'll have to do the permissions for you. If it's actually you who runs the server I strongly recommend you do some reading before running a "live" webserver on the internet.

GauGau

P.S. Did I mention that having better subjects than "help please" in your posting increases your popularity in general and especially the probability that someone will take more intensive care of your problems
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.