Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1000+ images to be added manually. How is that possible?  (Read 3467 times)

xigorpe

• Coppermine newbie
1000+ images to be added manually. How is that possible?
« on: October 26, 2003, 08:29:59 pm »

Hi There,

I read most of the documentation and FAQ's and only found something called batch upload.

This is the issue:
I created three categories and then created about ten albums per category. The permission are set to NO upload, NO comments, NO rating for any-one except admin.

Then I searched, and searched some more and searched even more for information on how to be able to manually add the 1000+ images.

Hopefully I don't have to add all the images one by one via the "file upload" feature. Or do I? that would take a couple of weeks  think :)

I tried to manually add one image to all the albums wich worked as it should. Searching the folders all the images I uploaded are saved under /userpics/10001/*.*

If batch upload is recommended, please explain what that is and how it is used.

sbpoole

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
Batch Upload
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2003, 08:39:03 pm »

Hi, Just create a folder under albums/userpics/whatever_name and use a FTP program to add all the pictures you want to that folder.  Don't forget to CHmod the folder permissions to 777.  Now in CPG use the batch upload function.  Choose the folder where you FTP'ed into and choose the name of the album where you want the picture to be put into and you are all set!

xigorpe

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2003, 09:10:18 pm »

sbpoole:

thanks.
I just looked for something called batch upload over and over again.
Stupid me had the translation for swedish on and the button for Batch Upload had been translated poorly.

I changed the language back to english and immediately found the correct button.

Thanks, this is now really easy to administer.

coppermine grows grows every minute :)

jasendorf

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • http://www.338tharmyband.com
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2003, 04:33:54 am »

It is highly suggested that you DO NOT upload photos via FTP into the userpics directory.  (Quite honestly, I'm not certain of the exact reason for this.)  But, you can do exactly the same thing and upload to a new directory under the albums directory...
Read the Online DOCs,FAQ, and SEARCH the board BEFORE posting questions for help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.