Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help! I want to delete a category!  (Read 3828 times)

xoaLLyxo

• Coppermine newbie
Help! I want to delete a category!
« on: September 21, 2004, 03:59:48 am »

Hey guys! I am sorry if you have got this question before or if I am in the wrong place to ask this but I want to delete a catergory called USER PICTURES because I don' t want the users to have their own category. I went on my site just now and it just popped up! I went to user mode categories and it doest show the little "x" to delete this user category! I don't know how and now its looked kinda wierd on my site. Please help!! here's the link http://www.iheartjake.com/coppermine/ (btw it's a fan-site and I'm only 13 so please bare with me) thanks!

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Help! I want to delete a category!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 04:22:06 am »

From the documentation:
There is a special category named "User galleries". This category can't be deleted.
Although you can't delete it, you can prevent it from appearing by going into Groups manager (while in admin mode) and choosing No to the option "Can have a personal gallery"

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2004, 09:49:52 am »

You're using cpg1.2.1, so I'm moving this thread from "general discussion" to the proper support board. You're encouraged to upgrade to the most recent stable release cpg1.3.2 though.

Joachim

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2004, 01:47:48 pm »

And further to what TranzNDance told you, for this category to be invisible, there must be no albums in it.  You have 1 album in yours, and you need to delete it.

There was a problem in 1.2x versions, that empty albums created by users in this category could not be seen by admin, and where difficult to remove.  As you are just using the stock water drop theme, you should do as gaugau said, and upgrade to 1.3.2.  You will then be able to see and delete this album easily.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

xoaLLyxo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2004, 10:36:45 pm »

Thank you for all the help. It's true I can't view the album in the User category so that means i can't delete it  :( I guess I will upgrade the gallery once I figure out how. Thank you again! - Ally

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2004, 10:41:17 pm »

Let us know if that resolves the problem. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.