Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird Looking Images  (Read 4406 times)

mojorising

• Coppermine newbie
Weird Looking Images
« on: June 07, 2004, 03:21:08 am »

I have recently set up coppermine and uploaded a bunch of images to it at http://s94047081.onlinehome.us/copper and as you can porobably see, the pictures look very weird -- the do not have all thier colors. Sometimes clicking on them helps in that the image appearing in the pop-up window appears as it should -- in full color but sometimes that is not an option.

Has anyone here had any similar problems or know of any possible solutions?

Thanks!

Mike

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
Re: Weird Looking Images
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 06:01:58 am »

This is a classic case of GD1 image mutilation. GD1 never supproted true color.  Instead, it would select the first 256 colors it came across and make a palette from them.  Thus, the picture of your dog with the brown grass makes everything else a shade of brown.

You can:

1. Check to see if you have GD2 available.  If so, it is highly recommended over GD1.  If not, tell your server admin that GIF support will return this month if it has not already, so he should be able to upgrade to GD2.  

2. Check to see if you have Image Magick available. If so, try to use it over GD1 and GD2.

3. When you have better graphics software available, use the batch resize function to regenerate your thumbnails for better images.
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mozilla.org%2Fproducts%2Ffirefox%2Fbuttons%2Fgetfirefox_small.png&hash=9f6d645801cbc882a52f0ee76cfeda02625fc537)

mojorising

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 05:12:06 am »

Thanks for your help! I guess I'll go see if my host can put gd2 on the server or maybe if I can do it.

Mike

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 08:25:35 am »

to me your thumbs look as if you already have gd2 on your server, but you have configured coppermine to use gd1. Fin out what version of gd you really have (see http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/faq.php?q=VersionGD#VersionGD ) and change the config accordingly. After changing your config, your existing thumbs wn't change, only ones newly added will change. You can use the resize utility (admin tool) from the admin menu to rebuild your thumbs based on your current config settings.

GauGau

mojorising

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2004, 08:23:53 am »

GauGau,

You are a genius. I do have GD2 but when I checked my settings they were on GD1. Some thumbnails still look funky but I will continue to mess w/ them to see if I can fix them. Regardless, all the full size images look good.

Mike

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2004, 09:25:27 am »

use the resize tool from the admin menu to re-create the thumbs using your current settings and the issue should go away. You're encouraged to upgrade to cpg1.3.2 though.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.