Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Server usage  (Read 2601 times)

Jwink3101

• Coppermine newbie
Server usage
« on: September 17, 2004, 04:50:08 am »

I have heard reports that sometime when batch adding over 50 files, the server usage spikes with coppermine.

What i am wondering is, would it still do it to a level where most hosts will cut your site if all coppermine has to do is make thumbnails. See, i use a photoshop action to make them the size i want then have coppermine set to not make intermediate files and just the thumb. What do you think the usage would be?

I know this would be different for every server but a general idea would be great. I am NOT using imagemagik

thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Server usage
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 07:18:43 am »

never heard of a host kicking or complaing to customers for batch-adding 50+ pics using GD, works easily for me and all I know who does this on a regular basis. GD will create the thumns sequentially, unles ImageMagick (will create 50 simultaneous processes), should not be a problem.

Joachim

M3

• Coppermine novice
Re: Server usage
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 09:00:17 pm »

never heard of a host kicking or complaing to customers for batch-adding 50+ pics using GD, works easily for me and all I know who does this on a regular basis. GD will create the thumns sequentially, unles ImageMagick (will create 50 simultaneous processes), should not be a problem.

Joachim

AHHH! That might have been my problem with my last host and my giant gallery! I was batch adding between 100 - 300 pictures to my galleries in a steady stream for at least an hour. Using ImageMagick may be what did me in.

My curiousity is partially satisfied now, thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.