Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Configuring install.php  (Read 5540 times)

Mr_Anderson

• Coppermine novice
Configuring install.php
« on: October 26, 2003, 12:29:55 pm »

Warning: exec(): Unable to fork [C:/ImageMagickStatic/convert images/nopic.jpg albums/userpics/im.gif] in D:\Inetpub\www\photoAlbum\install.php on line 86

Warning: getimagesize(albums/userpics/im.gif): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\Inetpub\www\photoAlbum\install.php on line 87

Warning: unlink(albums/userpics/im.gif): No such file or directory in D:\Inetpub\www\photoAlbum\install.php on line 88
----------
I have read all README INSTALLS..... but I'm just stuck.
It gives me this error but I can't figure out why ??

And another question, after you install mysql do you have to make a new DB or you can use default (mysql or test)
I'm using: ImageMagick-5.5.7-Q16-windows-dll.exe if that helps :/

If someone can give me a hint where fotos should be that would be great. Cause I've spend two nights trying to figure out this error message.

SOS

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Configuring install.php
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2003, 01:15:55 pm »

This has been asked quite often: ImageMagick is quite hard to set up on windows, maybe searching the old board will help.
Try using gd for a start to set up coppermine and add ImageMagick support later.
One thing to start looking for: the path to IM mustn't contain any spaces...

GauGau

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
Configuring install.php
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2003, 01:45:13 pm »

The file names to and from the gallery must not contain any spaces either.

Also, some Windows versions (XP for example) require that you leave the path to IM blank in order for it to function.
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mozilla.org%2Fproducts%2Ffirefox%2Fbuttons%2Fgetfirefox_small.png&hash=9f6d645801cbc882a52f0ee76cfeda02625fc537)

Mr_Anderson

• Coppermine novice
Configuring intall.php
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2003, 02:40:45 pm »

Thanks for that but I'm still looking for that post that will explain me :D

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Configuring install.php
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2003, 03:35:28 pm »

This board actually isn't called "how to get your windows server running" or "Help on setting up Image Magic". It just deals with Coppermine Photo Gallery and requires (as pre-requisite) that you have a server that is configured properly. You'll find better help on how to set up your server elsewhere on the net. Of course we're trying to help (if possible), but I'm rather sure that there are very few people (to say the least) on this board that know Image Magic and IIS on Windows that well.

A good place to start are the Microsoft Newsgroups ( http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx ) - be sure to read the terms and guidelines first before posting!

GauGau

Mr_Anderson

• Coppermine novice
Configuring intall.php
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2003, 03:41:46 pm »

Thanks anyway,
I haven't donwloaded the correct ImageMagick file, ups :)
But now I'm good.
I understand that this forum doesn't relate to ImageMagick installation, but it just happended so that that's the only place we, newbie, can ask someone, cause you provide, in my opinion great script.
Good luck in future.

jasendorf

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • http://www.338tharmyband.com
Configuring install.php
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2003, 05:43:24 pm »

The biggest problem I had with IM while setting it up on Windows was the default path it wants to install it into.  I think all the periods in the directory name confuse the hell out of windows...  so I just made my imagemagick install into some directory like "D:\ImageMagick\" or "C:\IM\" and that cleared up all my problems.
Read the Online DOCs,FAQ, and SEARCH the board BEFORE posting questions for help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.