Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Install Fine / "Let's Continue" - Not  (Read 10780 times)

sleestak

• Coppermine newbie
Install Fine / "Let's Continue" - Not
« on: September 15, 2004, 11:59:01 pm »

I just installed the latest "stable" version on my server and the install went just fine. I came to a screen that had a button that said "Let's Continue" and my guess was that it was going to take me to the admin page, where I could start setting up my gallery.

I clicked on said button and was brought to the following:
Notice: Undefined index: TABLE_PREFIX in /hsphere/local/home/jason44/onewestboardriders.com/gallery/include/init.inc.php on line 225

Notice: Undefined index: TABLE_PREFIX in /hsphere/local/home/jason44/onewestboardriders.com/gallery/include/init.inc.php on line 226

Notice: Undefined index: TABLE_PREFIX in /hsphere/local/home/jason44/onewestboardriders.com/gallery/include/init.inc.php on line 227

Notice: Undefined index: TABLE_PREFIX in /hsphere/local/home/jason44/onewestboardriders.com/gallery/include/init.inc.php on line 228

Notice: Undefined index: TABLE_PREFIX in /hsphere/local/home/jason44/onewestboardriders.com/gallery/include/init.inc.php on line 229

Notice: Undefined index: TABLE_PREFIX in /hsphere/local/home/jason44/onewestboardriders.com/gallery/include/init.inc.php on line 230

Notice: Undefined index: TABLE_PREFIX in /hsphere/local/home/jason44/onewestboardriders.com/gallery/include/init.inc.php on line 231

Notice: Undefined index: TABLE_PREFIX in /hsphere/local/home/jason44/onewestboardriders.com/gallery/include/init.inc.php on line 232

Notice: Undefined index: TABLE_PREFIX in /hsphere/local/home/jason44/onewestboardriders.com/gallery/include/init.inc.php on line 233

Notice: Undefined index: TABLE_PREFIX in /hsphere/local/home/jason44/onewestboardriders.com/gallery/include/init.inc.php on line 234

Notice: Undefined index: TABLE_PREFIX in /hsphere/local/home/jason44/onewestboardriders.com/gallery/include/init.inc.php on line 235

Notice: Undefined index: TABLE_PREFIX in /hsphere/local/home/jason44/onewestboardriders.com/gallery/include/init.inc.php on line 236

Notice: Undefined index: TABLE_PREFIX in /hsphere/local/home/jason44/onewestboardriders.com/gallery/include/init.inc.php on line 237
Coppermine critical error:
Unable to connect to database !

MySQL said: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. I am new to this stuff.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2004, 11:14:54 pm by GauGau »
:: jason ::

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Install Fine / "Let's Continue" - Not
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 12:01:39 am »

looks like you haven't filled in the proper mySQL data on the install page, or your include folder isn't writable for the script. CHMOD as suggested in the coppermine docs, then try to run the installer once again (making sure you have the proper mySQL data available).

Joachim

sleestak

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 01:05:26 am »

negative. I went through and CHMODed the folders and all sub's therein, then deleted the install.lock file, deleted and created a new DB, ran the installer and everything went well...until I get to that button. same error.

:: Beating head on keyboard ::
« Last Edit: September 16, 2004, 01:58:26 am by sleestak »

sleestak

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2004, 04:17:46 am »

Ok, I have tried everything under the sun. Everything your instructions have told me to do, on two different machines/ both PC and Mac, and still nothing.

While I thought your demo was sweet...this just isnt happening.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2004, 04:35:11 am »

negative. I went through and CHMODed the folders and all sub's therein, then deleted the install.lock file, deleted and created a new DB, ran the installer and everything went well...until I get to that button. same error.

:: Beating head on keyboard ::
Did you make sure that you created a user and granted that user access privileges to the database?

sleestak

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2004, 05:56:15 am »

yes, I gave that user admin rights.
funny thing is that it connects to the database during the install...or so I am guessing because it creates a table in the DB...but then I get the error that it cant connect after the set up?! What's up with that? I dont think its my database, my phpBB and OScommerce are using it just fine.

I am so frustrated with this thing, and would love to get it to work. I just dont think it's going to happen.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2004, 06:00:33 am »

please post a link to your site.

Joachim

sleestak

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2004, 06:50:08 am »

the site is @ www.onewestboardriders.com/OWgallery

I tried adding the SILLY_SAFE_MODE even and still nothing. It's not there anymore...everything is as is from the download. Freshly installed. Have at it...thanks for your help.

I swear, I am not normally this stupid  :-[
« Last Edit: September 16, 2004, 06:56:30 am by sleestak »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2004, 06:53:45 am »

the site is @ www.onewestboardriders.com and the gallery @   /OWgallery

I tried adding the SILLY_SAFE_MODE even and still nothing. It's not there anymore...everything is as is from the download. Freshly installed. Have at it...thanks for your help.

I swear, I am not normally this stupid  :-[
sleestak, for future reference, you should provide the complete URL so people can just click the link to go directly to the page without having to click around, or type into the address bar.

sleestak

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2004, 06:56:53 am »

my bad.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2004, 08:33:25 am »

sleestak, are you webhosted or self-hosted? The error message
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
usually indicates there's something fishy with your server setup, see http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Can_not_connect_to_server.html
If you're webhosted, ask your webhost for support.

Joachim

sleestak

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2004, 09:45:21 pm »

I bought a large chunk of server space through ixwebhosting.com
From my cPanel it says the location of mySQL host is:  mysql2.ixwebhosting.com and it also gives me an IP. Since the default "localhost" didnt work, I tried using this address with no success; the install runs fine, then everything else bombs out on me.

I dropped a ticket into the support desk to find out if perhaps they have another path for me to use, or some other solution to get that socket  connection going. Hopefully they will have some info for me to go on.

Thanks for your help, people. I really appreciate it. Will keep you posted on what I hear from them.

sleestak

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2004, 09:52:04 pm »

WOW, talk about fast. Within 5 minutes of dropping that ticket, they installed it for me! Turns out the host address needed to be set to "mysql2.openhost.com"

thanks again! hopefully I wont be bothering you anymore.   ;D

Grishnac

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2004, 04:10:40 pm »

I got the exact same problem with my install, now I just dont get what you mean with installing the host....on my Cpanel I have the option to "add access host", localhost is already there and whan I type in mysql2.openhost.com in the install page of coppermine it just tells me it couldnt connect to the database. Even if I add host in my Cpanel and type in mysql2.openhost.com and add it, it still dont work.  Do I need to get my hostservice to add it?

Grishnac

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2004, 04:39:30 pm »

I might add that I get the very exact error message as the  one stated above with one exception, min says the following at the bottom:

"Coppermine critical error:
Unable to connect to database !

MySQL said: Access denied for user: 'gyllengr@localhost' (Using password: NO)"

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2004, 08:45:15 am »

as suggested above: this is not a coppermine issue, but a server setup issue. I don't know cpanel, never used it - so I can't support it. See above post: contact your webhost for support.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.