Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: You can't edit your own profile  (Read 3872 times)

DucemBarr

• Coppermine newbie
You can't edit your own profile
« on: September 15, 2004, 07:05:29 pm »

Hello,

I'm new to Coppermine, so the question might be stupid. Anyway, I read the doc & searched the forums and found no answer. So here's my question:

When logged in as admin, I cannot edit the groups I belong to. Why shouldn't I be able to do that?

Coppermine says "You can't edit your own profile, use the 'My profile' link for that", but there is no way to edit the groups you belong to via the 'My profile' link.

Bug ? Feature ? Am I plain stupid ?

Please help. TIA !

Ducem.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2004, 10:22:34 pm by GauGau »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: You can't edit your own profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2004, 07:18:08 pm »

As admin, you belong to all groups. Do you want to reduce the number of groups you belong to?

DucemBarr

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004, 07:37:59 pm »

You're right, I need to be more specific. :-\\ Here we go:

I noticed that Coppermine does not show all categories although I'm logged in as admin. Specifically, it does not show all categories when I'm in an album and I click on 'Album list'. In that case, Coppermine only shows albums from the category I was in before, and shows no album from other categories. It does not even show the other categories, to be exact.

So I added 'admin' to the group having access to the categories that weren't shown. That worked. But I had to create another administrator account to do so because the admin cannot change the groups he belongs to in his own profile.

So if administrators belong to all groups, Coppermine should show all albums to the administrator. And I shouldn't have to change the groups I belong to.

Now the question is, why doesn't Coppermine show all albums to the admin when clicking on 'Album list' while viewing an album of one category ? I use version 1.3.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2004, 07:43:49 pm »

Do you have breadcrumbs enabled? Because you would see which category you are in. Album list doesn't show all the other categories if you are already in a category. In order to see all the other categories, you have to go Home.

Or did I misunderstand you?

DucemBarr

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2004, 07:55:42 pm »

That answers my question. So I need to go 'Home' in order to see the other categories. No need to change groups.

Thanks a lot ! :-*

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2004, 07:59:47 pm »

No problem. That confused me in the beginning too. :)

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2004, 09:19:45 pm »

Just to clarify this (if possible  ;)).

The 'album list' link, is what it says, a link to the list of albums within the category you are already in.

If you want a link to your gallery home page, you will have to create it, which is what I and many other users did, but as TD said, also use the breadcrumb feature which always shows 'home'.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.