Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine 1.44 and phpbb 2.0.19 bridge problem  (Read 5383 times)

SolidArt

• Coppermine newbie
Coppermine 1.44 and phpbb 2.0.19 bridge problem
« on: March 15, 2006, 09:53:22 pm »

I have the following issue when trying to bridge coppermine 1.44 and phpbb2.0.19:

When i try to login it redirects me to my phpbb forum (wich is good) but after login to my forum it redirects me back to my gallery without being logged in.

Coppermine install: http://shkola.lv/gallery/
Forum install: http://shkola.lv/BB/
Coppermine version: cpg1.4.4
Forum version: phpBB 2.0.19
Test user account: testerr / testerr

BridgeManager settings:
Forum URL:  http://shkola.lv/BB
Relative path to your BBS's config file: ../BB/
Use post-based groups?:  1 
Cookie prefix:  phpbb2mysql

I've read all the topics about this theme, but nothing helped me at all. Also tried ti upload new versions of bridge files, that u somewhere advised to.

xplicit

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Coppermine 1.44 and phpbb 2.0.19 bridge problem
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 10:04:39 pm »

I think you encounter an error in your brigde file, please disable bridging and run bridgemgr.php again.

Not sure it will work but it's worth a try

Did you install a fresh 1.44 or an upgrade, there are known issues with old bridge files in older packages
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 02:40:25 am by xplicit »
Don't ask me: Can you do this .... or Give me that...or I need Quick help in PM's. I'm not Santaclaus so post your questions on the board so it will be in the benefit for everyone.

SolidArt

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 11:13:24 pm »

I've upgraded my old version by installing a new version. I've done everything as it's written in documentation.

No, I've tried to switch on and off the bridging already. Nothing works. Now bridging is on, but can't log in.  :-\

xplicit

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 02:48:30 am »

Do you encounter the same with normal user accounts? If so its a cookie issue which can be solved by removing your specific cookie

I can log in without problems,

For not rusian speaking people here is the english link http://shkola.lv/gallery/index.php?lang=english
Don't ask me: Can you do this .... or Give me that...or I need Quick help in PM's. I'm not Santaclaus so post your questions on the board so it will be in the benefit for everyone.

SolidArt

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 06:32:43 am »

Ye, looks like it's a problem only for admin user. I've removed all the specific cookies for that site and tried to log in again, but only BB works so.  :-\

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006, 08:10:51 am »

loging in with the test user account you posted everything works as expected. If only the admin account doesn't work for you, then create another user in your BBS and make him admin (by adding him to the admin group). Then log out from your primary admin account, log in with the new admin account. After that, go to your coppermine page and see if the login sticks there.

SolidArt

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2006, 05:33:54 pm »

Yeah, thank's, that's worked worked fine for now, but what should I do to make the real admin an administrator in gallery?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2006, 05:37:24 pm »

is the "real" admin actually member of the admin group?

SolidArt

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2006, 06:05:33 pm »

how can I make him the member of admin group in gallery? I have no groups in BB for the moment.

SolidArt

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2006, 06:47:28 pm »

Ok, i've solved the problem with admin: created a special group in BB and made admin the moderator of this group. Didn't give special permisiions for the group and didn't make anything else, but admin logs in gallery succesfully after that! Looks like a small bug in bridging. Thank u all!  ;)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2006, 11:25:07 pm »

not a bug. You should have groups in your bbs, makes administration much easier. Not using groups even though your app offers the feature is not a bright idea, especially since coppermine is based on group membership. Remember: when enabling bridging, coppermine's user management is dropped in favor of the BBS's one.

blindrain

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2006, 11:40:06 pm »

i think that gau gaus last few posts should be a sticky cause i see alot of people having the same porblems and are having trouble finding the answers to their problems and this solution makes very good sense i'm going to go test it out my self
on my mambo bridge
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.