Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resizing the Image  (Read 3277 times)

lyall

• Coppermine newbie
Resizing the Image
« on: December 15, 2003, 12:46:55 am »

Alrite guys first off let me congratulate oyu on your script its the absolute buisness :)

I have one problem thoguh and its gonigt obe hard to explain what I an stuck with so please bear with me. My website is http://www.anitude.net and uses one massive iframe for all the content, which loads in the centre of the site.

I have installed your gallery script here http://www.anitude.net/Anitude5/images/index.php and I have customized it to suit my sites theme and i hcanged all hte table sizes to fit inside my iframe.

But some of the pictures are bigger than will fit in the iframe so when you click the thumbnails to go to the picture it will put a scroll bar at the bottom of the iframe which i cant have. All the other pages are fine and now fit in my sites iframe its just when a picture wider than 546 is uploaded it screws up.

I wondered if there was a way to make all pictures load in a pop up window when you click the thumbnails rather than clikcing the image that laods after u ckicked a thumbnail. Or is there a way to upload an image and have a maximum size limit on the width and height of all images except when it loads in a pop up window on its own.

This problem has really baffled me and I hope you have a solution sorry if that was hard to understand I found it really hard to explain.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Resizing the Image
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2003, 01:01:21 am »

Go into config.

In 'Picture and thumbnail settings', choose the following:
'Use dimension ( width or height or Max aspect for thumbnail )*   Max Aspect Height' =  'Width'.  
Although it says thumbnails, it also affects the intermediate pics.  

set 'Max width or height of an intermediate picture * ' to something like 400.

Alternatively, you could turn off the intermediate pic, by setting;
'Create intermediate pictures   Yes No '
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

lyall

• Coppermine newbie
alrite
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2003, 06:27:50 pm »

I disabled create intermediate picture and it didnt change anything :(, I was under the impression that if I said to to creating an intermediate picture then when you click a thumbnail it will load the image straigh into a pop up window and not have an 'Intermediate picture' before this, but it hasnt worked :( any ideas ?

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Resizing the Image
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2003, 07:05:47 pm »

OK,

do the first option above (set max size to 'width' and'400+-), then use the resize image function.
If you don't, the images already created won't be changed to the new config.

I used this facility for the first time today, and it was very easy.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

lyall

• Coppermine newbie
Resizing the Image
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2003, 11:38:59 pm »

ah cheers what a noobish thing i did :|, thansk man!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.