Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Install errors  (Read 4858 times)

NordicMaster

• Coppermine newbie
Install errors
« on: September 24, 2005, 07:01:22 am »

Hi

After filling out the the information on this page:

(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.doteasy.com%2FSupport%2FTutorials%2FCoppermine%2Fimages%2Fcoppermine04.gif&hash=ca47b31ec1847d33ec021086964e1a7cbd7aefea)

when installing coppermine, I get this error:
Warning: exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /var/www/html/photos/install.php on line 86

Warning: getimagesize(albums/userpics/im.gif): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/photos/install.php on line 87

Warning: unlink(albums/userpics/im.gif): No such file or directory in /var/www/html/photos/install.php on line 88
I followed this tutorial: http://www.doteasy.com/Support/Tutorials/Coppermine/

Does anyone know what I can do with this?

Kristian Finn

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Install errors
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 07:55:59 am »

the error message you get means that you can't use ImageMagick on your webspace. Use GD instead (if you have it). Read the FAQ for details. The tutorial you're refering to gives a very rough overview only, it doesn't handle all possible ifs and buts (related to your server setup). Read the documentation that comes with coppermine to get an understanding how the software works.

NordicMaster

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 09:19:39 am »

Hi

OK, so I have to get GD. I have just read the online manual for coppermine (it did not make me much smarter) and now I have read the GD guide. Unfortunately it jumps quickly over the basic parts. I have downloaded the latest GD (Download .zip), but the manual does not describe what to do next. I use 'Core FTP LE', which is not text based (the manual only described text based ftp i guess)

Do you mind giving me the quick tour on how to get gd up and running?

-Kristian

One more thing: I also get this error:
The installer found the ImageMagick 'convert' program in '/usr/bin/', however it can't be executed by the script.

You may consider using GD instead of ImageMagick.
any help?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 09:30:06 am by NordicMaster »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2005, 09:58:40 am »

you can only install GD if the server is yours to administer. I hope it is not, as running your own server publicly available is not recommended for newbies.
So, hopefully, you're webhosted. If this is the case: you can't install GD yourself, and you can't fix ImageMagick permissions yourself. Your webhost has to do this for you. Ask them for support; I suggest you refer to this thread - your webhost should know what to do.

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2005, 10:02:53 am »

The program uses "exec" function to execute the imagemagick commands. However on your server the warning -

Warning: exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /var/www/html/photos/install.php on line 86

shows that this function is disabled by the server configuration. Hence imagemagick cannot be used. You either shift to GD or tell your webhost to enable the exec function.

Installing GD is something which server admin does so we can't help you much in that.

P.S: By the time i was composing this post GauGau already replied. Anyways i am still posting this.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 10:08:08 am by Abbas Ali »
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems

NordicMaster

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2005, 10:20:06 am »

Hi again

This is a great forum. Thank you for your posts. I understand now that this is an issue for my webhost, not for me. I'll send them an e-mail and ask them to enable exec for /var/www/html/photos/install.ph

I figure this will resolve my issue or is there something else I should ask for at the same time?

-Kristian

One more thing:
The last to errors,
Warning: getimagesize(albums/userpics/im.gif): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/photos/install.php on line 87
Warning: unlink(albums/userpics/im.gif): No such file or directory in /var/www/html/photos/install.php on line 88
are obvious because there is no 'im.gif' in 'albums/userpics/'. It simply isn't in the downloaded .zip file. Is this a file that will be added automatically later or do I have to add it my self?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 10:38:03 am by NordicMaster »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2005, 10:43:49 am »

as you said: im.gif is not suppossed to be there. Make sure you have the most recent stable coppermine package and that the file didn't get corrupted uring upload.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.