Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SimpleViewer Integration?  (Read 3719 times)

tmselim

• Coppermine newbie
SimpleViewer Integration?
« on: December 11, 2004, 12:57:08 am »

Has anyone used Coppermine as an engine that feeds the free flash-based slideshow app, SimpleViewer ( http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simpleviewer/ )?  I would love to keep/manage all the album info in Coppermine, but to use SimpleViewer for a flash-driven slideshow.

The way the free version of SimpleViewer is built, it expects data in a static XML format that defines where it can find the image and thumbnail.  However, the source code's available for purchase and could probably be modified to get this XML data dynamically.

Anyone done any of this?  Any thoughts?  Ideas?  Tips?

I was surprised to see that search turned up no results...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: SimpleViewer Integration?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 09:47:57 am »

open source apps like coppermine that are available for free are usually the first choice for people who don't want to spend money (there are of course other reasons to use open source software, but for many it's budget). In this aspect, a commercial app like the flash slideshow doesn't "fit" into the whole scheme. To make this work, you will probably have to edit copyrighted code from the slideshow app - I haven't looked into that app, but I guess the terms of use restrict reverse engineering or re-use / publishing of the code (even part of it). This means: if someone has managed what you're requesting, he/she probably can't post the results publicly. I doubt that someone will come up with a solution, as nobody will buy a commercial app just to help you make this work. The board member rphMedia is a flash wiz who is currently working on same flash-related mods, you might want to check them and see if you could use part of it (I'm not suggesting to contact rphMedia for support!).

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.