Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update problems (from 1.4.3 to 1.4.4)  (Read 4301 times)

trikepilot

• Coppermine newbie
Update problems (from 1.4.3 to 1.4.4)
« on: March 09, 2006, 09:02:44 am »

Hi!

I made the update, as described in the documentation:

# First, make a backup (dump) of your database. - Done

# Backup your include/config.inc.php file, your anycontent.php file and your "albums" directoy. - Done

# Unpack the archive - Done

# If the file install.php exists in the root directory, delete it. When performing an upgrade, it is not needed. - There was no such file, I must have deleted it before

# Except for the "albums" directory, upload all of the new files and directories making sure not to overwrite the include/config.inc.php file, your anycontent.php file or the albums directory. - So did I. I did not overwrite the anycontent.php, but there was no config.inc.php to overwrite on my server. ???

# Run the file "update.php" in the coppermine directory once in your browser (e.g. http://yourdomain.tld/coppermine/update.php). This will update your coppermine install by making all necessary changes in the database. - So I did, it showed all OK's. Update finished.

My gallery page was a mess after that. The upper half of the screen was full with scrint-like text, on the bottom were rests of the gallery.

So I did copy back my backuped files, and now it is the old version again.

What happened here ?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Update problems (from 1.4.3 to 1.4.4)
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 09:05:05 am »

impossible to say without a link that shows the mess.
Blind guesses: you haven't updated your custom theme as suggested in the docs or some files have become corrupted during upload.
What advice do you expect, without even an exact copy of the output you got? It's impossible that you didn't have a file named config.inc.php on your server before - your coppermine gallery wouldn't have been able to run if it was missing. You should have looked at the server (using your FTP app), not your local copy.

trikepilot

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 05:28:27 pm »

impossible to say without a link that shows the mess.
Blind guesses: you haven't updated your custom theme as suggested in the docs or some files have become corrupted during upload.
What advice do you expect, without even an exact copy of the output you got? It's impossible that you didn't have a file named config.inc.php on your server before - your coppermine gallery wouldn't have been able to run if it was missing. You should have looked at the server (using your FTP app), not your local copy.

Yes, you are probibly right. I will better do the whole procedure shortly once again,
and give you the link, if the mess should show up again ...

trikepilot

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 08:39:16 am »

Yes, you are probibly right. I will better do the whole procedure shortly once again,
and give you the link, if the mess should show up again ...

Oops I did it again! I mean the update procedure. As described in the dokumentation.
No mess happened, the gallery is still working fine!  :)  To see at http://usergallery.trikepilot.net
Must have been an upload failrure at the first time.

After finishing the update, I ran the verioncheck tool, and got some red files, some errors.
Can you please take a look at the list, what I have to do now?
www.trikepilot.net/Trikepilot.pdf

Thanks !

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 08:58:04 am »

seems like you haven't updated all files, e.g. those in the sql folder. You can savely ignore the outdated files message about anycontent.php.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.