Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MYSQL Error Message?  (Read 3732 times)

skeezmo

• Coppermine newbie
MYSQL Error Message?
« on: January 14, 2005, 05:21:30 pm »

When I try to install my board using the install.php file all works until I click on Lets Go!  When I do click this, I get this error message:
Code: [Select]
Could not create a mySQL connection, please check the SQL values entered

MySQL error was : Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

I am using:

• MYSQL Server 4.1 (on Port 3309)
  • Coppermine 1.3
  • Hosting the Server on my Own Computer using Apache 1.3, and Windows XP
  • PHP 4

I chmoded the albums, and include folders using a php script, because of the fact im hosting it on my own computer.  Because I am hosting the MYSQL Server on port 3309 (3306 conflicts wityh another mysql program on the network) I just where it says the host:  My.IP.Here.!!:3309 added the port nubmer after it.  Dont know if there is another way I can do this, but this is all I could figure out.

Perhaps for the MYSQL thing, it is searching for a server on My.IP.Here.!!:3306:3309

Thanks in Advance everyone!!

Skeezmo

Nibbler

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: MYSQL Error Message?
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 06:33:41 pm »

[ot]
I chmoded the albums, and include folders using a php script, because of the fact im hosting it on my own computer.
Definitely not :D - there's no CHMOD on Windows. Running your own server is not recommended at all if you're not an expert. Having no idea how permissions work on your box will definitely get you into troubles - webhosting (instead of selfhosting) is recommended very much.
However, this is not related to the issues you're having of course.

Joachim
[/ot]

skeezmo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2005, 07:26:47 pm »

I chmoded the albums, and include folders using a php script, because of the fact im hosting it on my own computer.

It does work, and they were successfully chmoded

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2005, 07:35:21 pm »

Did you try using Coppermine before using CHMOD?  I'd bet it would work just fine.  CHMOD is a unix command, not a Windows command.  If you want to set permissions on a Windows box, right click on the file/folder, Properties -> Security.

Try using your php script to chmod to 644, then try using Coppermine and check the file/folder permissions.  Any changes?
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

skeezmo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2005, 09:57:57 pm »

Actually I have that error solved now.  I just typed in for the host localhost:3309, instead of my ip address:3309.

Now, I am faced with another issue.  I am not able to upload any pictures to my site, because the GD2 extension that came with my version of php (4.3.10) is corrupt or something.

Im working on that atm and will reply if i need help.

Thanks everybody

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2005, 12:53:17 am »

If you have another problem, don't reply to this thread.  Search to see if there's another problem like yours, and respond to that thread.  If not, create a new thread.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.