Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Registered User Rights  (Read 3719 times)

AgaBoogaBoo

• Coppermine newbie
Registered User Rights
« on: September 06, 2004, 07:53:08 am »

Is there some method by which I can let a user create albums and upload pictures into any album? I do not mean uploading into a personal gallery, but creating albums like a moderator can. I want to setup coppermine gallery for someone to use without administrator access but still allow them to create albums like an administrator

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Registered User Rights
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 09:57:16 am »

There's no such thing like a moderator in Coppermine. Only the coppermine admin can create albums in the public gallery. You can't give those powers to a "regular" user (yet). You (as an admin) will have to create the albums for your users and allow them to upload files into it (using the "album properties" button next to the album thumbnail). Please refer to the documentation for details. If you have further questions, please post a link to your site.

Joachim

AgaBoogaBoo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2004, 09:16:26 pm »

So for those publics albums my only choice is to give administrator access? I guess I can do that, but I'd prefer not to, I'll PM you the address and another question

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2004, 11:04:18 pm »

I doubt Joachim will respond to your PM.  If you have another question, start a new thread.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 12:05:31 am »

As kegobeer said, you will not get a reply to un-asked for pms from any dev member.

You do not have to give admin rights to upload to public albums, just change the album properties to allow uploads.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.