Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Switching servers, problems with mysql  (Read 2869 times)

silvio

• Coppermine newbie
Switching servers, problems with mysql
« on: September 05, 2004, 12:41:14 pm »

I was wondering if anyone knows how to get the mysql password and login from my old board so I could get the dump to move it over. I am unable to contact the previous site admin, and was wondering if there was anything in coppermine that would allow me access to this. I have the admin passwords but I am at a loss for anything else.

Any help is appreciated
« Last Edit: September 05, 2004, 08:16:28 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Switching servers, problems with mysql
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2004, 12:49:51 pm »

download the file include/config.inc.php form your webserver to your local hard disk. You'll find the mySQL connection data in it.
Your old mySQL user data won't help you on your new server though, you will have to make a dump of the old db first.

Joachim
« Last Edit: September 05, 2004, 08:16:05 pm by GauGau »

silvio

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Switching servers, problems with mysql
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2004, 12:53:57 pm »

thanks man, problem totally solved. i couldnt get to the dump because i forgot the login/password and the site admin isnt around to contact. now i have it, and the dump. thanks for everything!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 15 queries.