Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't add pictures to album - neither by "upload file" nor by "batch add"  (Read 4925 times)

tomster

• Coppermine newbie

hi,

went through manual, documentation and hyperion's strict forum policy. Nothing helped resolving the problem I have.
I'm running cpg132 on a LAMP webhoster with mysql 3.23.57, PHP 4.3.4 at http://ye-eah.com/gal/

I've set the CHMOD for albums/, userpics/, edit/ and include/ first to 755 then to 777 but I'm encountering always the same problem.
I prefer using my FTP client to upload the images, in my case I've created a folder compleanni/ and a subfolder piero30/ in albums/. Even they are now set to 777.

Then I've uploaded the images via FTP, went to "Batch add files" as Admin, chose piero30/ and here my headache starts:
the image title I've uploaded appears but the thumbnail has a broken image link "red cross".
After "Insert selected files" I've got again the red cross in the "Result" column with the link:
http://www.ye-eah.com/gal/addpic.php?aid=1&pic_file=RANDOMSTRING
which results in being the ugly "PB" image after stripping off the random string.

I've tried many ways but I can't get further, now I hope to get some help from you, folks.
Thanks in advance,
tomster
« Last Edit: September 04, 2004, 10:55:01 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

there have been reports only recently with issues concerning batch-add when not using english as language. Try switching to english temporarily and check if this cures your batch-add issue. If yes, you have encountered a similar bug than the other one reported today. Please report back.

Joachim

tomster

• Coppermine newbie

my default language in the config is english, so the problem must reside somewhere else...
my phpinfo says the following: http://www.ye-eah.com/phpinfo/phpinfo.htm

hope you can help,
tomster

tomster

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Can't add pictures to album - neither by "upload file" nor by "batch add"
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2004, 04:55:09 pm »

Once I've uploaded my images via my ftp client the files are already on my server.
So, when I go to "Upload file" I can choose between URI uploads and uploads from my local harddisk.

But when I'm doing a "Batch add files" only the path to the respective image is written into the database, am I right?
Now I've reinstalled cpg again but get the same problem..can't do a batch add...can anybody help me out of this or am I all alone out here with this problem?

I really like this tool, so I would like to make it work...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2004, 06:29:16 am »

If you trust others to have full acces to your webserver (in this case: if you trust me), PM me your access data, so I can have a look. The PM should contain this:
- Link to your page
- Link to this thread for reference
- coppermine admin account (username and password)
- FTP access data (hostname, username, password)

Joachim

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2004, 08:25:15 am »

I checked with the login data you sent me - it appears that the file you were trying to batch-add is either corrupt or to big (there are restrictions in place on your server that can not be changed by coppermine, check the sticky threads on this board to find out more). Your file has huge dimensions that shouldn't go to a webserver in the first place - 2048 x 1536 is not the kind of resolution you'd expect to find on a web page - resize your pics on your client before uploading them.
I uploaded a bunch of other files that are known-good and are smaller both in file size and dimensions, and they work as expected (feel free to remove them after you have taken a look for yourself).
In the future, please make sure to try with more than one pic - you should always use known good pics for a start - feel free to "borrow" some from our demo page for testing.
I have updated versioncheck.php on your page, don't be surprised if it shows a higher version number than before (not related to your issue though).
Make sure to change your passwords as well - I wouldn't want to see your page hacked some day and the sour feeling of me being the culprit in your mind.

Imo this issue can be marked as solved - in fact, there has never been any issue, since the file size and dimensions issues are well known and documented, they're not immediately related to coppermine, since they are restrictions set up by your webhost (your webhost had in mind to have some kind of limit, and you just reached it).

Joachim

tomster

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2004, 12:19:27 am »

My upload file size limit is 8MB and webspace is enough, so my intention was to upload the high resolution files, create thumbs and normal pix within coppermine and delete afterwards the big files to avoid the additional step to create low res pix locally first. But once again this shows being lazy won´t get paid.
A HUGE thank you for your support and the time you spent checking my stuff. People like you make the www a useful playground! THANKS!

tomster

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2004, 10:54:40 am »

file size limit is not the only thing that has to be taken into account. Like I said: read the stickies to find out more: there are an awful lot of settings that are made on your server (usually by your webhost) that can/will keep you from uploading high-res pics, no matter what you set up in coppermine. It won't help to set up a speed limit sign that says "100 mph" on if you only have a car that can run 80 mph max speed...

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.