Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cookies and sessions die  (Read 3200 times)

sporkit

• Coppermine newbie
cookies and sessions die
« on: August 28, 2004, 11:30:02 pm »

im including a flash banner on my site and wrapping my sites header and footer around the cpg script.  using php i tell my template to either play an into banner (when a users first visits the site) or a loop banner (so im not displaying a flashy banner every time they click something).

anyway i tried storeing a varaible that will tell the my server to play either the intro or the loop.  this works fine around my site however when i include my header into the cpg script all my sessions and cookies get reset.  which means i cant pull the value i need to stop the flash intro from playing.

does anybody know if there is a reason cpg does this or possibly a work around?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: cookies and sessions die
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2004, 02:00:06 am »

coppermine doesn't use sessions (unless bridged with your bbs app, but then it's the bbs app that will use sessions). There's little use talking in theory about your issue, unless you post some links (to your start page and your coppermine gallery) and some code snippets.

Joachim

sporkit

• Coppermine newbie
Re: cookies and sessions die
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2004, 05:57:01 pm »

Code: [Select]
$domain = $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'];
$path = $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];
$cururl = $domain.$path;
if ( $cururl == 'www.f8klan.com/thug/pictures/index.php' || $cururl == 'www.f8klan.com/thug/pictures/thumbnails.php' || $cururl == 'www.f8klan.com/thug/pictures/displayimage.php' || $cururl == 'www.f8klan.com/thug/pictures/upload.php')
{

$lgo_ply = 1;

}

well ive been dealing with this problem for quite some time .  rather than fix it i just surpressed it for now.  when my new site is up ill post more code and links.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.