Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom User Albums / Category  (Read 2857 times)

TWDesigns

• Coppermine newbie
Custom User Albums / Category
« on: August 24, 2004, 03:55:53 pm »

I have been look here and also went over the options in Coppermine but I can't seem to find any information on making Custom albums & categories for users so that they dont have to.  This may not be possible?  Or is it possible to give users the ability to delete photos they upload to public albums?  I saw a post somewhere last night but for the life of me can't remember what I typed in for the search string to find it.

What I am trying to do is start a Photoshop Community that can allow members to display their work from our forums in different categories like commerical works, personal works, photomanipulations, and etc.

I had all the categories set up but noticed users couldn't edit photos they uploaded (or maybe im just not seeing it) unless it was to their own album.  So I went to create the categories under user galleries and found that its not possible.

Has anyone done this or have a suggestion.

Thanks way in advance,
TW
« Last Edit: August 25, 2004, 06:55:52 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Custom User Albums / Category
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 09:07:10 am »

The limitations you encounter are by design: regular users can't edit/delete files uploaded to public albums, and within the user gallery section, categories can't be created, only albums. With the existing coppermine version, you can't do what you want to do. It is on our to-do list for a future version of coppermine though to have an admin settable option to allow users deleting their pics in public galleries, but currently not one single line of code exists that will let users do so. If you urgently need this feature, you will have to code it - sorry.

GauGau

TWDesigns

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2004, 03:06:27 pm »

GauGau,

Thank you for clarifying my post.  I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't doing something wrong.

Thanks again,

-T. White

ganesh

• Translator
  • Coppermine novice
    • Gospel Gallery
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2004, 06:21:36 pm »

And may I create personal albums for users?
I succeded in it once, but I forgot how....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.