Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Updated: Multiple installations of Coppermine - is it possible?  (Read 5550 times)

DoctorWho

• Coppermine newbie

What I'm wanting to do is to have a gallery setup where I can upload my pictures, then grant access to only those I want to have access, plus I'm running a phpBB2 fourm that I want to setup a gallery for so members can upload their drawings & artwork for other members to see & download, but no private galleries.  I could not find a way to grant multiple people access to a private gallery.  The only way I can see to do this is with 2 separate installations of Coppermine, one for me & one for everyone else.  Can I install 2 copiers of Coppermine (in different subdirectories) without any problems or does someone have an idea of how I can do what I want with only one installation..

Thanks..
« Last Edit: August 05, 2004, 08:50:51 pm by GauGau »

omniscientdeveloper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Multiple installations of Coppermine - is it possible?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 04:06:51 am »

you can have multiple installations.

-omni

DoctorWho

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Multiple installations of Coppermine - is it possible?
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 04:21:05 am »

Thanks for the info, I didn't want to try it before asking the experts and end up screwing up my site..

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: [Solved]: Multiple installations of Coppermine - is it possible?
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2004, 08:03:47 am »

make sure to choose different mySQL table prefixes for the different installations.

GauGau

DoctorWho

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2004, 08:08:21 pm »

make sure to choose different mySQL table prefixes for the different installations.

GauGau

Sorry, I'm a real newbie, you've lost me on this one.  Could you point we in the right direction as to where I can find info to set this up correctly..

Thanks..

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2004, 08:28:34 pm »

OK, let's give an example. Let's say, you want two galleries on your domain, one with "holiday pics" and one called "art gallery". You then upload the coppermine files to two different folders on your webspace, one called "holiday" and one called "art". You then CHMOD the albums and include dirs as suggested in the documentation. Next, you run the install routine on the holiday gallery: enter http://yourdomain.tld/holdiday/install.php into the address bar of your browser. The install screen willask you to choose an admin username and password, choose whatever you like. Enter the hostname, db name, user name and password that is needed to connect to your mySQL database. The important step: there's one field that is labelled "MySQL table prefix", with the default value "cpg131_". As you want all your tables prefixed with something that tells you what each table is being used for, change the value to "holiday_". Then click "Let's go" - your holdiday gallery should be configured.
Next, you will have to install the art gallery - point your browser to http://yourdomain.tld/art/install.php and fill in the desired admin username and password (can be the same as the one you chose for the "holiday" gallery, but doesn't have to). Fill in the mySQL connection data as before. The important bit again: change the "MySQL table prefix" entry from "cpg131_" to "art_". Submit the form again and your art gallery should be set up as well.

Hope that helps

GauGau

DoctorWho

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Updated: Multiple installations of Coppermine - is it possible?
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2004, 08:43:32 pm »

That helps a lot..

I have one gallery installed already, but I'm using it as a stand alone (private) gallery and I'm going to install the 2nd gallery to integrate with my phpBB forum for members to use.

Thanks again..  :)

iCoty

• Coppermine newbie
Re: [Solved]: Updated: Multiple installations of Coppermine - is it possible?
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2004, 06:04:04 am »

Hello, I'm trying to do the same thing (multiple installlation). I would like to install a second gallery on a subdomain that i have, however, when i upload the gallery files and then run the installer, I get an error message saying that the installer is locked and that in order to run the installer I need to delete 'include/install.lock' file. Is this safe to do, as I hadn't read about it in GauGau's previous message.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2004, 06:48:04 am »

The installer is locked if you have run it before. That's not the solution I suggested above. There should be only the coppermine files in another sub-folder (be it a subdomain or not) from the package you downloaded  (not a copy of the files that exist on your server). The installer should then run flawlessly. If you're sure you did everything correctly, remove the lock and run the installer, but be sure not to overwrite things. Since you appear to have made an error in the steps mentioned above I recommend making a backup both of your files and a database dump before you continue.
As mentioned before: you should not have two installs sharing one db, there are only very few setups one could think of where this might make sense. I recommend reviewing the whole idea of two installs (is a waste of resources), in most cases the things you want to accomplish can be done with one install.

Joachim

kiig

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • Igel's Journaler
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2004, 03:56:23 pm »

I have installed a second coppermine album on my server... and for one, - I can't change the "Show first level album thumbnails in categories"...  I can, - in the config menu, - and it updates the database, - but the font page still has images on it.

So, - I want to verify that I'm doing everything in the right order, - could anyone please shout if something is wrong with the following :

Current setup : coppermine in /ibays/gallery, - database name foto, - table_prefix cpg32_ and cookie prefix cpg32_

I create a new virtual domain on my server, - a.k.a. a new empty webspace, - with nothing in it.
Create a new empty mysql database, - named shop.
upload cpg1.3.2, - change permissions and run install.php

I choose the new database shop, - table prefix shop, - and type the DB user and password, - and everything works ok.
In the config menu I set the cookie prefix to shop_ as well, - and I can create albums, - batch uploads files and so on, - so everything seemed to work.

But I can not choose not to display the images in the category listing...

How about it.. am I doing something wrong... ?

The new webspace can't see or access my original gallery folders.

Kim Igel.
Kim Igel
http://igel.it (Personal playground) or http://foto.igel.it (Paypal shop-site)

kiig

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • Igel's Journaler
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2004, 04:22:09 pm »

Erm... I feel the need for sponsering beer for everyone involved.... Ahem... the "Show first level album thumbnails in categories" *does* work.... I obviously need to create *CATEGORIES* before I can have Coppermine show images or not... damn.... took a while.... glad I made a backup before trashing my site.... Thanx guys....

Kim Igel,
« Last Edit: September 21, 2004, 04:30:37 pm by kiig »
Kim Igel
http://igel.it (Personal playground) or http://foto.igel.it (Paypal shop-site)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.