Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Users in 2 categories with 2 diff upload rights.. can?  (Read 3530 times)

jaslow

• Coppermine newbie
Users in 2 categories with 2 diff upload rights.. can?
« on: July 26, 2004, 05:24:47 pm »

here's the situation.

User A is a registered member of my gallery.  As a registered member she gets unlimited upload quota.  Then, we upgraded her to be able to have her own private gallery.  So we created another group (GROUP A).

Group A we want to have a quota for upload... say 5MB.

So User A is both in the registered member's group (unlimited upload) and Group A (5MB upload to private gallery)

is this possible???  can we restrict only 5 MB for Group A if this user has unlimited rights in the default group (registered members)

thanks!

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Users in 2 categories with 2 diff upload rights.. can?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 10:48:48 pm »

Hmmmmm,

I could understand if you were doing it the other way around, registered has a small quota, then an 'upgraded' member has a bigger allocation, but in what way is it an 'upgrade' to be reduced from unlimited to a small quota?

It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

jaslow

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Users in 2 categories with 2 diff upload rights.. can?
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004, 03:45:11 am »

thats because... i don allow personal albums for registered users.

but for upgraded ones... they can add their own personal album in the personal galery but i do want to impose a certain restriction on that.

its abit complicated i noe!

any help?  i read in the manual tht the quota is for all albums.   :\'(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.